2/4 drop help!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rney

Reaction score
not sure if you know this or not, but the xxx/yy/zz means this:

xxx- means how many millimeters wide the tire is (therefore 295=11.61415" and 305=12.00785")

yy- means yy% of the xxx is the height of the sidewall (therefore if you did a 305/35 it would mean that the sidewall height is 35% of the 305) so the side wall would be 106.75mm or 4.2027475"

zz- obviously means the size wheel

if you already know all of this mumbo-jumbo, then just disregard it, just trying to share some knowledge.

.....ill post my neighbors tire size later on tonight!

Yep...I know all this. I was thinking of a 295/35/24 or a 305/35/24. I have friends who have a 2/3 drops with 305's and tend a rub a bit when turning hard or u-turns, which is expected.

Thanks for the help!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a pretty nifty calculation!
I like it because I decided to get 26" wheels and tires today instead of 24" and then just lower the rear 2"-3" and leave the front stock. I'd be about the same price with the 24" with a 2/4 lowering kit in the end so I might as well

rney

Reaction score
Thats a pretty nifty calculation!
I like it because I decided to get 26" wheels and tires today instead of 24" and then just lower the rear 2"-3" and leave the front stock. I'd be about the same price with the 24" with a 2/4 lowering kit in the end so I might as well

Nice work! 26" wheels are just a bit too big for my daily use, however I think they look great on our Tahoe's.

What kind of wheels did you get?

I got these Gianelle silver wheels below. I wanted something different other than chrome or black. Going on Greystone 07 Tahoe

0975_1.JPG

9856_1.JPG

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WoW i'm stupid, never mind that I got confused!
Keep to 24" wheel with a 2/4 drop.

I havn't bought anything but I'm looking at;
1. Boss Black 330 (Worst case scenario)
2. TIS 08 Black Wheels (Favorite)
3. KMC Black 657 Flaco (Like it, plus it has exposed lugs)
All wrapped up with Kumho Ecsta 295/35/24 tires and McGaughy 2" spindles up front and 4" Belltech coils out back.
Also Blue painted calipers and front slotted/cross-drilled high performance rotors and calipers!
Should be real ice when I do it!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus your wheel are gonna look sick on your tahoe, what size are they?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha your neighbor probably thought you were thinking of jacking him, JK!
315 is kind of big, may rub, but 186 is a good ass price! :yesnod:

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 315's will rub for sure... Im on 24's dropped 2/3 with 295/35/24 and rub slightly in the rears on suspension articulation such as going up and down driveways on an angle.
Jonathan

rney

Reaction score
Those 315's will rub for sure... Im on 24's dropped 2/3 with 295/35/24 and rub slightly in the rears on suspension articulation such as going up and down driveways on an angle.
Jonathan

I was leaning towards 295/35/24 tires. My buddy rubs with 305's on a McGaughys 2/3 drop

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna do 295 tires just to be safe, Kumho!

rney

Reaction score
Ok I just pulled the trigger and order the McGuaghy 2" front spindles and Belltech 4" springs for the rear. Hopefully this will look nice and even once completed.

I still haven't ordered tires yet, so any suggestions on size for this type of drop? I have 24" wheels

Thanks!

So I was told today by a shop here in AZ that the 3-4" Belltech rear springs a will only drop the rear 3" not 4" like I thought on Tahoe's. The mechanic stated only Suburbans and Yukon XLs achieve a "true 4" drop" with this springs due to the added weight. Anybody heard of this?? I'm going to contact Belltech tomorrow and see what they say.

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a lie, Belltech coils are one of the only drop companies that drp actual stated amounts, if anything you should be worried about it being lower than 4" in the rear with a full tank of gas!

scottrick

Reaction score
i agree with Nnaboy

as far as i understand it the 3-4 rear springs come with a spacer and when you use this spacer, your tahoe will drop 3". if you remove the spacer, you will be dropped 4"

rney

Reaction score
Thats a lie, Belltech coils are one of the only drop companies that drp actual stated amounts, if anything you should be worried about it being lower than 4" in the rear with a full tank of gas!

Looks like you're right Nnaboy. Just got off the phone with Belltech and they confirmed it's a true 4" drop with PRO Coil Springs from Belltech.
Item # 23323BLT

rney

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna do 295 tires just to be safe, Kumho!

Ok....one last question on tires. I was quoted about a $25 difference betweem the two....

Should on go with a 305/35/24 in Falken STZ04

or

295/35/24 in a Kumho STX

Again, doing a McGuaghy's 2" drop in front & 4" Belltech spring in rear.

scottrick

Reaction score
kumho......my vote

btw rney, did you happen to ask if they have a 4" for the rear of an autoride tahoe? it seems as though they only have a 3.5". i wonder why .5" would make that much of a difference. maybe i will call the tech support at belltech.

you better be posting pictures here through the process:)

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rney you should also consider a 285/40/24 tire, best and cheapest option to avoid rubbing!, 295/35/24 should be your only other option to avoid serious rubbing.

Scottrick the reason why 3.5" is the lowest one can go with Autoride is because anything lower screws up the stock equipment operating the Aotride which can get expensive to fix, 3.5" is the lowest anywhere, and Belltech is the lowest as f Autoride drops.

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn nnaboy couldnt have said it better myself, you can drop the rear 5 inches with an autoride but it will ruin your compressor and you will always have the service air ride light on the dash on.