2000 Tahoe Steering Stabilizer Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skotty319

Reaction score
Sorry for the obvious noob question here. I just bought a 2000 Tahoe LS 4wd with the 5.3L. We have replaced every bushing known to man in the front end and still the steering feels quite loose. So loose that changing lanes at 50 mph induces fears of rolling over.... I thought perhaps putting a steering stabilizer on would help but wasn't sure if anyone had any suggestions or previous experience to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

cttownsend

Reaction score
Tahoe Steering Stabilizer

My '01 came with a front stabilizer bar,....I'm surprised your 2000 doesn't. I was getting a strange, violent progressive wobble after hitting a bump or pothole and discovered one of the centerlink/stabilizer bar end bolts were missing. Installing it helped a lot,...but the front end is still firm. Remember, ist's more of a truck than some mid level crossover.

corvette744

Reaction score
Sorry for the obvious noob question here. I just bought a 2000 Tahoe LS 4wd with the 5.3L. We have replaced every bushing known to man in the front end and still the steering feels quite loose. So loose that changing lanes at 50 mph induces fears of rolling over.... I thought perhaps putting a steering stabilizer on would help but wasn't sure if anyone had any suggestions or previous experience to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

I would have your whole front suspension checked out if its that bad.Sounds like your gear box is way out of adjustment or something is very loose.