2001 tahoe 5.3 to 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

50kta

Reaction score
i need to replace to 5.3 in my 2001 tahoe, so why not upgrade to the 6.0? so my question is do i need the computer for the 6.0 or can i use the stock computer in my tahoe that "ran" the 5.3 and it will "run" the 6.0 as well?

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Computer and possibly allot more since the 6.0 requirements are different than the 5.3. What is it that your after? More power? You could drop in a 5.3 replacement and get a tune to open it up....Exhaust would help too.

50kta

Reaction score
im just replaceing the 5.3 and since i have to do so , why not get the 6.0 the truck is just a dayly driver

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

IMHO you are biting off a lot of project for a daily driver. Like stated above, replacing the 5.3 with another reman 5.3 and then spending your time and money on upgrades like intake, exhaust, tuning, etc will net you the same result with what I would consider much less trouble and money.