2001 Tahoe Replacement Sub Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhiDeltaTheta_MN

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I was wondering if replacing the factory sub in the back, near the rear door, with a $50-$100 brand-name one would increase bass levels and overall sound quality. I haven't pried the panel off yet to take a look at the stock one though, so maybe a stock sub in decent shape won't sound much different than a brand-name new one?

Thoughts? Thanks

phi3nd

Reaction score
Sub

You are in luck. I just replaced my stock subwoofer last night and it was really easy. I ordered this kicker 10cvt8 shallow subwoofer for $75. You have to snap off the plastic trim around the speaker to get it to fit into the factory sub box but that's not hard or a big deal. You can check out the sub and read reviews from the link below. If you have any questions let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-10cvt8...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

phi3nd

Reaction score
It sounds a lot better than the stock sub but is not going to be that much more bass unless you hook an amp up to it. It's definitely worth upgrading though.

phi3nd

Reaction score
Definitely! I looked into this for a week before I pulled the trigger. Like I said, I just did this last night and it was superrrrrrr easy. One thing I'd recommend is removing the cheap OEM matting in the sub enclosure and buying some poly fil from a fabric store and fill up the box.