2002 GMC Yukon XL, rear sub makes no noise at all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCBautos

Reaction score
Could the sub be so bad it makes no noise? Could it be the factory amp? I hate to buy a new one and put it in only to find out it was the amp. Would the easiest way to test it be to take it out and hook a reg car speaker to it and see if it makes noise? Wasnt sure if there was a short cut. Its my wifes and if momma aint happy, nobodys happy!

Two of the 4 door speakers are shot, looks like they are falling apart inside the door. I plan on replacing the fronts with the Infinity Kappa 629i's, the rear doors with the Infinity Reference 6032cf and the sub with the JBL GT0804. This would have to sound better than what I have, but would it sound better than when it was stock and new? It will keep the factory head unit. The system is NOT a Bose system. Just wondering what some of you more experienced stereo heads might think.

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are thinking in the right direciton. just try to hook up another speaker and see what happens. or you can take an ohm meter and measure the output from the amp and the sub.