2002 Tahoe Braking Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bald Jerry

Reaction score
I have a couple Tahoe's and the 2002 started having this braking problem and the brakes wore out and had them replaced. I get this pulsation in the pedal when it is pressed (sometimes) and it feels like the ABS is kicking in, but I am on dry pavement. Mechanic hooked it up to the computer and no codes were tripped directing him to the problem. He had another Tahoe in as it was at the dealer for 2 days with the same problem and they could not figure it out. It does not do it all the time, just from time to time and always does it once or twice on a 20 minute drive. Best way I can explain it is it feels like the ABS are activating and the pedal gets that pulsation in it. Anyone else have this problem and know how to correct it? Message me or reply to the post as this has my mechanic baffled as two tahoes have had it and mine has 30,000 on it and the other one he got in had 11,000 and the dealer could not figure it out.... Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Bald Jerry

Reaction score
2002 Braking Problem

Thanks... I didnt realize that this was the 2007 and up... I posted in the correct forum and am hoping someone knows the answer as the mechanic and the dealers he talked to seem to be baffled by it...