2003 Yukon Denali: all weather and/or rubber custom-fitted mats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heftylefty58

Reaction score
Greetings Fellas, and Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm a proud new owner of a 2003 Yukon Denali, and I'm looking for floor and cargo mats. According to the sticker, my interior trim is called "Neutral." Looks tan to me.

Anyway, the Costco mats I attempted to trim to fit are lookin a tad too tacky. So, I'm trying to find all weather and/or rubber mats that are custom-fitted for the vehicle.

I'm also trying to find out if there's such thing as a rubber cargo mat covers the entire back area when the third row seats are NOT installed. I've seen cargo mats like this, but they had holes for the slots in case you want to install the third row seats over the mat. I specifically do NOT want any holes in the mat. If I ever put the third row back in (which is very, very unlikely), then I will simply remove the cargo mat.

If you have something similar to what I'm looking for, and you're happy with them, please let me know the brand/part number. Also, if you happen to remember where you bought yours and how much you paid, that'd be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm also looking for Summit While exterior touch-up paint. Is the dealership the best place to get this?

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check these out

weathertech.com

I'm going to get a set, and a cargo area mat. I've had a vinyl floor truck for the past 13 years, so I am not used to the carpet and the fancy mats. I want something that's durable, and that is made to fit my HOE.

They're $$$, but it looks like a good deal.

Good luck with yours

BH

heftylefty58

Reaction score
weathertech.com

I'm going to get a set, and a cargo area mat. I've had a vinyl floor truck for the past 13 years, so I am not used to the carpet and the fancy mats. I want something that's durable, and that is made to fit my HOE.

They're $$$, but it looks like a good deal.

Good luck with yours

BH

Thanks for the recommendation--I went with the weathertechs! I did shop around various online sites, and was able to find the liners for more than $100 cheaper than what weathertech.com, autoanything.com, and autopartswarehouse.com were asking. I'm not going to advertise for the merchant I ended up going with, but they're certainly one of the more popular and trustworthy online sites that I've used in the past. [Knock on wood!]

P.S. It was NOT ebay!

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pray tell...

where did you find weathertech mats so cheap?

you can e-mail me direct if you don't want to advertise :)

BH

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weathertechs are sweet but I love my catch-all carpeted mats. I'm not a fan of the rugged look on my truck but the weathertechs are the best mat I have seen for these trucks, go nifty if you want a cleaner look and still retain quite a bit of water and nasty sh*t
catch_all_floor_mats_beige.jpg

heftylefty58

Reaction score
Weathertechs are sweet but I love my catch-all carpeted mats. I'm not a fan of the rugged look on my truck but the weathertechs are the best mat I have seen for these trucks, go nifty if you want a cleaner look and still retain quite a bit of water and nasty sh*t
catch_all_floor_mats_beige.jpg

Looks like Nifty's even more expensive than Weathertech. Regardless, thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weathertech Mats

well, now I'm really broke...

I just ordered at full set of Weatertech FloorLiner mats, and a Cargo Liner.
I had something similar to this in my old '94 Chevy. I did not want cheap mats in my Hoe, and I really wanted some that will last, and do what they say they are supposed to do. The floor contouring is what sold me on these. I don;t want them to just "sort of" fit.

I'll post pics and opinions in a few weeks when they come in.

B

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my WeatherTech mats today

My first impression... not worth the money. They do not fit like it was modeled after a 2004 Tahoe.

The Cargo Area Mat also does not seem like it was "precision measured" at all. The entire mat is flimsy, and the lip around the edge is huge and hits the door when you have to close it. Not to mention since I have 'Quad seats", you can see the mat hanging out between the two back buckets.

The front mats seem too stiff and won't sit right on the carpet. And I had to move the pedals forward so that they don't hang on the lip of the mat.

I will use them in the winter, but once it stops raining around here they're going in the garage.

They look and feel like something you'd throw in your "weekend ride".

If I bought these locally I'd be taking them back.

Sorry to rant, but I thought if anyone else is one the fence about spending $370 for these... get down and go find something else!

BH

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to keep them after all...

Well, maybe I just expected too much in the beginning. In my own defense though, their website made it sound like they'd fit better than an Isotoner glove. I was quickly disappointed.:cuss:

I was more concerned about the Cargo Liner than anything, but I am nothing if not resourceful. Once I got the baby to sleep last night I went to work modifying it to actually fit my Tahoe. It was about an inch and a half too long, so every time I shut the back door it pooched up on me. I did not buy them with the thought that they would be corralling any large amount of fluids, so the "catch all lip" was of no importance to me. I trimmed the lip off, and then custom cut the sides so that they fit under the factory trim in the back. I also have "Quad Seats", so the lip in the front looked tacky where it stuck out between the seats. I cut that area back so that the carpet is exposed, and the mat lip is not visible from the front. I will eventually cut the holes out for the 3rd row seats, but not until I have to. I cut a slot for the tie down that the "junk net" hooks to, and it was only sort of where the the cut out impression is. I ended up cutting it wider so it could stick out.

The mats in front of the quad seats sticks up weird too, so that will either have to be modded, or I may just deal with it. I won't get that much traffic in the back seats until my son's old enough to be stomping around ( i have a few years before that happens:yesnod: )

So that only leaves the front mats. Once I adjusted the pedals so they would not get behind the mat I figured they are what they are. They're rubber mats intended to catch grime and water to protect my carpet. They don't fit perfect, but they're pretty close. I think the bulk of their research as far as "precision fit" goes into the front area mats.

So, would I recommend spending $370 to get what I got? Hell no.:mad2:
I will however make the best of them.

Later all

BH

I will post photos of the mods soon.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks dude, my catch-alls came in handy as we had some decent snow. They held about 1/2" of water from my melting boots and didn't stain from the nasty crap I got all over them. I still need to find a good cargo mat but these carpeted nifty's are sweet ass so far. I'll try to get some pics.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, let me say my car is always spotless, I thoroughly clean the inside and outside of my Tahoe every Sunday, but I use the factory mats, like the ones that came in the car. I know the head of the service department at my local Chevrolet dealership and he can get me a full set of mats for only $30, so I just replace them whenever they get dirty. I usually go through 3-4 sets a year, but at that price, I don't have to deal with the tacky plastic and I can have it look original without having to worry about stains!

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I prefer the carpeted mats honestly. The cargo liner is permanent, but the front & 2nd row will be for winter weather months.

They're nice, don't get me wrong. But it kinda feels like leaving the plastic on a leather couch. It has its pros and cons!

BH

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the carpeted mats honestly. The cargo liner is permanent, but the front & 2nd row will be for winter weather months.

They're nice, don't get me wrong. But it kinda feels like leaving the plastic on a leather couch. It has its pros and cons!

BH

I agree. I had a 2002 Explorer that I traded for my Tahoe in 2004 and I had used rubber mats in it since I bought it new. When I traded it, it had those perfect carpets underneath the mats, and I never got to enjoy them! I guess thats why I go with the factory mats in the Tahoe. The cargo liner is a good idea, though, especially if you really put your truck to work, but the most I keep back there is a set of golf clubs and a briefcase, so I guess I really don't need it!

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our Tahoe came with rubber mats from the dealer. Not sure if they were an OEM option or an aftermarket part. They fit and look really good though - as if it could have been an OEM option!

heftylefty58

Reaction score
Sorry to chime in so late! bahollis--Didn't you get my PM?? I hope you didn't end up spending $370--if so, sorry man!

For the rest of you, here are my thoughts regarding the weathertech liners....

Mine fit perfectly in the front seats. I couldn't ask for anything more. They fit fairly well in the 2nd row, but definitely not as well as the front. Unlike bahollis, I did not have to trim my cargo liner--the dimensions were pretty much right on the money. However, I have 2 gripes:
-Similar to bahollis, I have 2nd row captains chairs. Because I'm fairly anal, I am a little disappointed with how the cargo liner doesn't have a nicer transition with the captains chairs. This cargo liner is better suited for people with a 2nd row bench.
-As you can tell from one of bahollis' pics, the cargo liner is flimsy. My cargo liner arrived folded up in a fairly small box, and also has the resulting bend-marks along the side lips. Fortunately, they're not exactly creases, but I do have to look at them every time I open the hatch. (Did I mention I'm anal?) Maybe I'll ask weathertech for tips regarding these lip bends when I get the chance.

My overall assessment: These are definitely NOT worth $300 (which is what most sites ask for the 3 liners I bought). Fortunately, I shopped around and paid less. Regardless, the liners did not meet all of my expectations.

Jeremy_K

Reaction score
I have the weather tech cargo mat. I was thinking of taking a heat gun to it to "iron" out the wavy edges. Other than that, I like it. I mainly got it to keep my dog's hair from weaving into the carpet. I'm still undecided on what mats to get for the front and second row.