2004 tahoe head dowels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoelt53

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and am currently trying to replace the head gaskets on my 2004 tahoe it has the flex fuel 5.3 v8 vortec I had some one helping me as I have never changed head gaskets before and after we got it taken apart he dipped out on me so now I'm trying to put it back together myself I have been reading the Haynes manual and noticed that the head and gasket are supposed to be aligned with dowels I do remember seeing the dowels when we took it apart but now I can't find them I have looked online and can't seem to find the right ones any suggestions on how I can find new ones. also he didn't organize the screws and I believe I might be missing some of those as well I was thinking about buying a used motor to take the bolts and dowels that I need or just invest in a rebuilt motor and just swap it out not sure what the best way to go as I have never swapped a motor before and I have limited funds and no help
any advice would be greatly appreciated I need to get this car back on the road asap