2007 LT Brake Pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Av8r

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LT with 82K miles. My brakes are pulsating and the steering wheel shakes when I stop. I have ordered four new rotors from Centric and was curious if anyone knew of any good pads to go along with the rotors. Ceramic VS Semi-metallic? I plan on doing this next weekend. Has anyone else recently changed their rotors and pads, if so, what did you use?

Thanks

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Tahoe Forum. Be sure you break-in the new pads and rotors properly. A couple of things can lead to warped rotors which is what it sounds like you have. The most common is improperly torqued lug nuts. The other is serious hard braking or improper break-in.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also having trouble with the rotors on my NBS, I'm at about the same mileage and I'm about to put on my second set. They must be thinner than the previous body style because they never gave me any problems. Getting hot rotors wet can also cause them to warp prematurely.

Av8r

Reaction score
You said that you are about to put on your second set? What kind of rotors or pads are you going with? I have had mine "turned" about 20k miles ago. I guess I can't complain to much, I still have on the orginal brake pads.

Av8r

Reaction score
Well, I ordered a set of front and rear posi-quiet semi-metallic pads to go along with the Centric rotors that I recently purchased. I will let you guys and gals know how they work when I get them on. Maybe even a few pics.

(I hope Centric Parts reads this and throws a brotha a bone for advertising)