2007 Yukon Fog Light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackberry addict

Reaction score
I got a 2007 yukon SLT, I am not mechanically incline like some of you, whats the easiest way for me to change my stock fog lights to make them brighter..

GetWired, yours look great, but you lost me on alot of the install stuff. I was thinking of getting silverstars for fog lights until I read your post about the heat.

Silverstars are ok for headlights right ? Thanks

The only significant change I made to my suv was adding a new floor mat.. :)

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Silverstars are ok for the headlight but you might as well get an HID kit for your Yukon low beams and fog lights!

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think after a certain amount of time any HID fog lights would start to burn the housing. I know I use my HID fogs alot, and I have big heat marks on my lens. But to me its worth it, because they are VERY nice.

With 6k low/high and 6k fogs
DSC00929.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

AFTER 8k OR 10k Halo Rings
IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where can i find hid foglights!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO heat issues here, gang!

In my opinion, I think after a certain amount of time any HID fog lights would start to burn the housing. I know I use my HID fogs alot, and I have big heat marks on my lens. But to me its worth it, because they are VERY nice.

Not sure that's the case... Maybe over there in the UAE in 130F degree ambient heat... :smilielol: Not here in North America, not VA at least (Death Valley CA, anyone?)

NO issues after 1 year with 35W 5K HID 9005's in the Denali's fogs. Still as perfect as the day installed them... :thumbsup:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Getwired do you use your HID fogs often for long periods of time?
And also how did you seal your 9005 bulbs in the fog housings?

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure that's the case... Maybe over there in the UAE in 130F degree ambient heat... :smilielol: Not here in North America, not VA at least (Death Valley CA, anyone?)

NO issues after 1 year with 35W 5K HID 9005's in the Denali's fogs. Still as perfect as the day installed them... :thumbsup:
Yah it does get very hot over here. But how often do you use your fogs? I use them every night, and for at least an hour minimum (depends where im going). My front is all messed up and brown. Ill try to get a picture up soon.