2011 Tahoe radio cuts out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ainkurn

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe with nav and backup camera. I have noticed an issue with the audio that I haven't been able to figure our or find help with yet.

When listening to music, no matter if it is AUX/USB, CD, or AM/FM, the radio cuts out and goes silent for a second every so often. At first, I thought this might be a short in the wiring or some mechanical driven event (i.e. turning on blinker, going over bump, dimming lights, etc.), but it turns out the silence was happening in a pattern. I timed it and figured out this silence happens for one second every ~43 seconds. There is no static sound, there is no consistent outside event I can pin down, so I am thinking it may be something with the programming of the radio - maybe scanning for a device (i.e. bluetooth phone, USB, AUX) - or some other programming problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a suggestion as to how to fix it? I am about to take a 2,000 mile trip and this consistent cutting out could drive me crazy if I can't fix it before I leave.

Tank you,

BEN

Mel

Reaction score
Funny. My 04 does the exact same thing! If someone has an answer, let us know.