2011 Tahoe Z71 - Got tires rotated and now ABS light + Service Stabilitrak Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oRAirwolf

Reaction score
Title says it all. I took my 2011 Tahoe Z71 to Discount Tire Co to have my tires rotated. When I picked it up, I got in and fired it up. Immediately noticed the LCD display saying "SERVICE STABILITRAK" or "SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL." Also, the ABS indicator light is now on. I tried toggling the traction control button on the bottom of the center console. It did not have any effect. I brought it back into the shop and advised them of the problem. They told me to take it to a shop and have it checked out. If there is a problem, they said they would pay for it. On the way home, the warning/light was no longer on, but then it came on again as I was pulling into the garage.

I have an appointment at a local Chevy dealership to have it diagnosed tomorrow, but I was curious if anybody here has had a similar issue. I am assuming that a sensor got crushed during the tire rotation, but I ain't got no fancy certification in these things.

Here are some pictures of the warnings:

https://i.imgur.com/cWUR8se.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/P5opNr9.jpg

Gribmaster

Reaction score
They most likely popped the connector off of the wheel sensor on one of the points... This happened to mine when tires were changed also... Just go around and follow the wires to the abs sensors, and hopefully you have a connector popped off.
Hope this helps.

oRAirwolf

Reaction score
They most likely popped the connector off of the wheel sensor on one of the points... This happened to mine when tires were changed also... Just go around and follow the wires to the abs sensors, and hopefully you have a connector popped off.
Hope this helps.

The left front wheel speed sensor wire was cut. I had the wire replaced at a Chevy dealership and Discount Tire paid the $500 bill.