2015 Tahoe/Yukon third row seat removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone removed their 2015 third row seats? I need more cargo space and would like to remove all of the compartments and seats. If somebody has done this how big are the pieces once they are out (thinking of storage size)? Anybody have any pictures of the floor with them removed?
Thanks for any help
Gene

73Vetteman

Reaction score
3rd Row Seat Removed

I immediately removed my 3rd row seat. It takes up space in my basement now. I cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to fit the cargo area. It covers the holes in the carpet where the seat legs bolted to the floor. I used a Weather Tech full size rubber mat to cover the area.

It provides substantially more cargo space and I don't have to strain myself lifting items so high anymore.

Rather angry I had to pay a lot for a leather bench I will never use. They should have left it as an option.

Dante9121

Reaction score
I got a dealer demo with power 3rd row. Didn't want the option but got a great deal. I want to remove the 3 row as well for the same reason as above. Does anyone know if the power has a plug or is it direct wired. Also need to know if electronics would get screwed by removing them. Thanks

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed my 3rd row seats today from my 2015 Yukon SLE

First remove the plastic covers under the front of the seat by pulling them upwards to release (just snapped in)

Attachments

• P8060004.JPG
    P8060004.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 250
  • P8060005.JPG
    P8060005.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 198

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next remove the front bolts with a 15mm socket

Next remove the rear bolts with a 15mm socket

Attachments

• drivers side rear bolts.jpg
    drivers side rear bolts.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 190
  • drivers side front bolt.jpg
    drivers side front bolt.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next separate the two seats, the two front bolts are 15mm and are horizontal, the single rear bolt is vertical and is 13mm

Attachments

• seat separation.jpg
    seat separation.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 168
  • back seat separation.jpg
    back seat separation.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the 60% seat first by lifting the front to clear the peg, then remove the 40% side

Picture shows parts removed to remove the seats

Attachments

• bolts.jpg
    bolts.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 163
  • seat pegs.jpg
    seat pegs.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Dante9121

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I'm hoping the power 3d row is just a lug or harness I can hide after removing.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I'm hoping the power 3d row is just a lug or harness I can hide after removing.

Mine of course did not have power seats but here is what you will have, just a connector

Attachments

• 277977d1422395514-removing-third-row-seating-2015-escalade-3.jpg
    277977d1422395514-removing-third-row-seating-2015-escalade-3.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 348

jsturge

Reaction score
2015 3rd seat

Why didn't they make this seat removable like the previous models it's uncomfortable to sit on for one thing and with it in limits cargo capacit I'm not getting one for that reason I hope the 2016 or 2017s have that option!

bjwpj001

Reaction score
2016 3rd row seat

I checked on the 2016 and there is no option to get one without the 3rd row seat.

reddog

Reaction score
genestoy, I've followed your directions and I'm almost done, but I can't figure out how to open the electrical connector. Any advice? Many thanks.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
genestoy, I've followed your directions and I'm almost done, but I can't figure out how to open the electrical connector. Any advice? Many thanks.

Mine did not have the electrical connector so can't help you there. It will come apart so there has to be a release somewhere on the connector and most of them have a small tab that you press to release.

reddog

Reaction score
Figured it out...

Just needed a small blade screwdriver to release the connector. This was a much easier job than I'd imagined. The seats are all bagged up, waiting for the next owner, whenever that may be!!

Thanks again genestoy!!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, mine also are all wrapped in plastic in the attic storage above my garage and will not see the light of day until I trade it off someday!

athansjim

Reaction score
JY

Have you taken out the power third row seats yet? Thinking of buying but will not if they do not come out.

cmarucco

Reaction score
I immediately removed my 3rd row seat. It takes up space in my basement now. I cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to fit the cargo area. It covers the holes in the carpet where the seat legs bolted to the floor. I used a Weather Tech full size rubber mat to cover the area.

Curious why you put in plywood? Doesn't your weathertech cover the holes in the carpet?

Also, for the others who have removed the third row already, when you put the regular rear seats down now, are they much higher than the back? Meaning, with the back seats down, I assume it's not flat now, right?

I think I have to remove these third row seats too. I'm so tired of **** rolling out of the back when I open the liftgate. Bad design GM.

Thanks.

T-Man

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is the same assembly for a 2015 Suburban? I would assume so, but you know how that goes.