2wd v. 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97tahoe

Reaction score
Hello Again,
I asked this seperate from my engine question just in case some have experience with this specifically.

The 07 Tahoe I am looking at online is 2wd w/ stabilatrack. I understand the theory of the systems but have never had stabilatrack and am wondering how it works in snow?

Living in Wisconsin I just cant imagine the embarrassment and ridicule from my Ford owning neighbors of getting my Tahoe stuck in my driveway!!

Thanks

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stabilitrak will not prevent you from getting stuck in the snow.
4wd will not prevent you either, but it helps.
Inadequate Ground clearance is a big reason for folks getting stuck in snow.
Take a stock 4wd Tahoe in to 2 feet of snow and spin the tires a bit too much and you will get stuck, time for the winch.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get traction control and the G80 locker rear end, you'll not get stuck unless you get crazy.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the 4x4. If you are already contemplating you need it, more than likely you will. Better to have that extra security.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4x4s have better resale too...not that you'll ever want to sell it...

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2wd 2007 Tahoe here in Central IL. Not as much snow as WIS, but haven't had any problems at all (except for once doing something stupid - my fault). Be sure to get the G80 locking rear diff, though, big help.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better to have it and not need it, then to not have it and need it...

i have a 4x4 and have never used it BUT, i have the auto 4x4 and use that all the time!

its great to have that option...