6" Lift Kit with 28s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMz71

Reaction score
Alot of sidewall? 4.5" is not really a lot of side wall with the 28s....even if its a 37" tire with a 30" rim, that still only leaves you with 3.5" side wall. I highly doubt a 4" lift can clear a 37" tire without cutting the hell out of your fender.

plus, i doubt kumho would post the wrong specs on a tire on their website.

plus that yukon has exactly what I said before...a 315 with a 4" lift.

You will probably need the leveling kit on top to fit that size of a tire.

Last edited:

str8304

Reaction score
Alot of sidewall? 4.5" is not really a lot of side wall with the 28s....even if its a 37" tire with a 30" rim, that still only leaves you with 3.5" side wall. I highly doubt a 4" lift can clear a 37" tire without cutting the hell out of your fender.

plus, i doubt kumho would post the wrong specs on a tire on their website.

plus that yukon has exactly what I said before...a 315 with a 4" lift.

You will probably need the leveling kit on top to fit that size of a tire.
yeah my next question was if i could put a leveling kit on top of the left kit. like is it safe?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its perfectly safe, Fco Gonzo, a user on here has a setup like that and he like it. You can try and PM him about it.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you would want to but a 6" lift would clear those. 37" is pretty big, pro comp's kit is actually quite durable especially the replacement coilover kit. All the basic kits will use a strut spacer, it is fine I've lifted dozens on the new bodies and never have any issues with them. Fabtech's kit actually measures 8" so I'd buy one of those to clear the tires. I hope you're getting 16" rotors and 8piston calipers to stop that thing. I'd suggest a lift with some 24s and 37s over some 28s but to each his own.

str8304

Reaction score
yeah i saw all of those links b4 on youtube...on the escalade, you can tell they had to trim the front bumper to allow it to turn properly..i am still unsure if i want to do that however i am open to it...i just don't wanna lift my truck and it look like i have 20s on it because it sits up so high. just like the tahoe on youtube with 30s on it, they lifted it 6" and still had to trim the same area on that bumper as well. Also you have to understand too that the 30" tire is a 315/30/30 mine is a 325/35/28...so it may have been easier to fit a 30 there than a 28, i don't know..

Last edited:

str8304

Reaction score
Ok all, here is the deal..I just purchased the fabtech leveling kit so hopefully this helps me some...like i said before, the back really was not that big of an issue as the front was..i am hoping that by the leveling kit raising the front between 1.5-2.5 inches all i would have to do is trim the inner fender well some...i guess i could go with a smaller tire and not have to worry about the suspension, but because i paid a nice little penny for my set up, i dont wanna ruin it because of a pothole that houston is notorious for depending on the side of town you are on..will keep you all posted..

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a way better idea than a huge lift.
About the message IPCW has a sale over a www.streetpros.com and you can get top of the line LED tails for $270ish.

texas00ta

Reaction score
How do yall feel about an 08 GMC (white) with 26" rims, all lables defaced or whatever?

Clean?

azao1c.jpg

My bf's truck for example...

I think it should stick to stock. Maybe just some white rims. I prefer black/murdered out trucks tho.
Like the ho to my right (avatar)

str8304

Reaction score
How do yall feel about an 08 GMC (white) with 26" rims, all lables defaced or whatever?

Clean?

azao1c.jpg

My bf's truck for example...

I think it should stick to stock. Maybe just some white rims. I prefer black/murdered out trucks tho.
Like the ho to my right (avatar)
I personally think it would be tight with the 26s! I mean in Houston around UofH and TSU, I have seen several with both 24s and 26s and they all looked pretty good. There is even a white on on 30s.
http://www.streetsource.com/forum/topic.aspx?topic_id=96444&Topic_title=Single+Cab+silverado+on+30s&forum_id=19&forum_title=Chevy%2fGMC+Trucks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/str8304/Silveradoon30s-1.jpg

texas00ta

Reaction score
I personally think it would be tight with the 26s! I mean in Houston around UofH and TSU, I have seen several with both 24s and 26s and they all looked pretty good. There is even a white on on 30s.
http://www.streetsource.com/forum/topic.aspx?topic_id=96444&Topic_title=Single+Cab+silverado+on+30s&forum_id=19&forum_title=Chevy%2fGMC+Trucks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/str8304/Silveradoon30s-1.jpg

Holly **** the 30s are sick! I guess we'll see! In Killeen I have only seen a few gmc or silverados with rims... a couple lowered but not bagged.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, i would just go with some 26's if you want big rims..a lift is ment for offroad tires, not a 28" rim..i dont see why you couldnt run 28's with no lift though..they should fit..just please dont make it look anything like the white truck with 30's..made me want to gouge my eyes out! bagged on 28's or 30's is a different story, but dont make it look like a donk

might as well go build this
donk2.jpg

or this
40susamotorsports.jpg

bagged on 30's
l_1b75e6fcee4ae18dd687b3537da6354b.jpg

l_7dd3f7b071652e62665e39b1f1dccec2.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO those cars are soo ugly, exc. the Avalanche!
Thats why I was afraid of him lifting it, though it'd look like those!

str8304

Reaction score
man, i would just go with some 26's if you want big rims..a lift is ment for offroad tires, not a 28" rim..i dont see why you couldnt run 28's with no lift though..they should fit..just please dont make it look anything like the white truck with 30's..made me want to gouge my eyes out! bagged on 28's or 30's is a different story, but dont make it look like a donk
Like I was saying in the earlier posts, I could go with a smaller tire (they are both rubber bands) and not have to fool with the suspension at all, but since I paid a nice lil penny for my rims, I wanted more meat on my rims which is why i opted for the bigger tire. I am not gonna donk it out although I have a 79 cutlass i am trying to build that I am definately gonna semi donk! Lol I'm just gonna go with some 26s but with a rubberband tire so I won't have to lift it up so high. As far as the Tahoe is concerned, I am gonna get these 28s on it! I am in no rush and have nothing but time on my hands, so we will see. I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

texas00ta

Reaction score
I would never put 30" rims on a ho or full size. I was just asking for some imput on the truck I posted above... White rims?? or what?? My bf just bought it, and another thing is, is it true the seats in the new GMCs' are getting replace for free?

Anyways, I agree... don't lift a truck and then put rims on it. GROSS! If you're gonna lift your **** then go offroading and get dirty.

I love bagged trucks so rims are a must! That avalanche is sick... except I don't like avalanches :/ Try 30" rims on a bagged tundra...HOTT!

I found these pics of some tahoes, what rims do you like better? I like the white with the chrome but I agree with my bf... there is too many spokes.
Input?

sc3x46.jpg

This is sex... But I don't really like the chrome.

2rmaal1.jpg

I think this would look better on a murdered out truck. Agree?

texas00ta

Reaction score
White or black 26s'?

heres a 08 tahoe on 26s..much better imo

Picture119.jpg

Yeah that looks good...would be better bagged.

What do ya think about these rims? Maybe too many spokes but still nice!

http://www.dubdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/dmc41.jpg

And then there are these black ones but this truck needs to lose the chrome. Would look ten times better all black or murdered..ya think? :/

http://www.dubdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/ti3.jpg

I want a all black GMfull size just the primer -de badged...