$8000 off MSRP and performance question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
I have gotten a couple quotes for $8000 off MSRP on a pretty loaded LT3 and LTZ (MSRP $50,450)...from my research, this is pretty good, yes?

Also, has anyone driven both a 3.42 and 3.73 and how is the performance between the two (realistically)? Is the 3.42 really that much slower than the 3.73 off the line? I don't care about fuel consumption as this has been covered (and argued) many times on this forum already. I also know you can have the ratio changed out for inexpensive, but first, that will mess up the speedo and odo and would love to see what Chevrolet says about warranty work if the tranny fails at 40k miles and discovers the rear end ratio is not from GM....thanks!!!

slicktoptt

Reaction score
Yes $8000 off of MSRP is a decent deal. My LTZ stickered at $51k and they sold it to me at invoice of about $45k then I got $2k rebate. If you have no trade there is still about $2k of additional negotiating if you think you can get the dealer to give up their holdback, ad plan and floor plan amounts that are included in their invocie price. I had a trade and my out the door price was $45k.

njyukon

Reaction score
Good Deal

Actually $8000 is a great deal. Im assuming thats around $4000 in rebates too. I got around $8000-$9000 off my Yukon SLT-2 as well. GM is just looking to sell vehicles and so are dealers. The gas prices are hurting sales, so expect this sale to last a while.

Good Luck!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal, I got $7,000 off my 2007 LT3/Z71 Tahoe. I have the 4.10 diff but I have not driven a Tahoe with the other ratios.