Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edster

Reaction score
today my 99 tahoe,old body style,developed a problem i believe to be a bad ground somewhere.its been raining alot here , i live on a gravel road full of potholes which i believe caused the problem.every hole or bump i hit the headlights flicker/turn off,the left turn signal indicator lights up,the air bag light starts flashing,the radio turns on and off,the interior lights flash on and off,the compass in the mirror resets,the engine starts missing/loses power.all really quick ,like on-off-on-off with every bump,and all at once. its dark and raining but i still went to look at the grounds under the hood,jiggled the crap out of everything,thumped on the pcm,wiggled all kind of wires and fuses,relays, connections,did the same under the dash and nothing seems to be the problem.have not found the ground under the dash yet ,mostly cause of the weather.it is halloween,but im sure the tahoe is not haunted,any one ever experienced this crazy problem?

edster

Reaction score
99 tahoe was running fine-last night i hit some potholes and the headlights started flickering and then over every bump.got to my destination,starting checking all the grounds under the hood,seemed fine ,shut the engine off,went inside.when i headed home a couple hours later,it started up and ran fine but the headlights still blinked out on every bump on paved roads. When i got to my road, gravel,in rough condition,solid potholes! thats when everything started goin haywire! headlights blinking,interior lights flashing,engine misfiring or temporarily stalling i think,the left turn indicator is dimmly lit on and stays on while the left turn signal flashes rapidly,the radio was flashing on and off! thats not even everything ,but anyway i got home- looked at a bunch of the obvious things that seemed fine,Tahoe running good,quick test drive,every bump same thing,went inside.....so this morning....i put the key in and kick it forward and instantly everything starts clicking and acting up! Battery was 12.6 volts,turned the key and it just cranks without firing!now it wont start! Continued probing around,checking all the grounds /pulling fuses and relays,wiggling wires and what not while the key was on and everything was acting up at once,it all seemed fine and nothing seemed to change the behavior. suddenly it all stops and the thing starts right up,put it in reverse,stalls,it acted up again for a few,then it calmed down and started. well then it all seemed fine,nothing i did. bounced around in the driveway a few times before i hit the street,as soon as i hit the street,it stalled! 5 times in a row gettin it turned around and back in the driveway,now i am on break!

edster

Reaction score
fixed it!it was the ground wires at the RF fender and the left radiator support!when i checked them with a test light it lit up but apparently they were only half grounded,when i hooked a jumper wire to the negative terminal on the battery and started touching it to every ground wire screw i found the problem got better with the one and gone with both! removed,cleaned ,scraped paint off ground points,reinstalled screws and terminals,done!:peace::peace: