99 Yukon 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, if you could dig up the paperwork and give me a close number that would REALLY help me make up my mind. I want to go for all the events but mainly Id make the 4 hour haul if I knew there were gonna be some sweet real sweet deals. If I have to I will have the 4wheel parts store in Indy put them on for me. but let me know bro, because Id love to meet up with some of you guys and get me tahoe all jacked up. Thanks. :cool2:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the prices aren't going to be the same from a year ago. he didn't think i was buying so he cut threw out a hell of a deal.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bro help me out here
just throw me a ballpark on what you paid for all that goody bag you got... I mean ****:D...if i have too ill buy the dam gears too if he makes me a sweet enough deal.

But lets say he doesnt:cuss:...lets say I just go with the 6 inch pro comp lift, some idler/pittman arms/mickey thompson tires/and rims....whats a nice little pack gonna run me? I could use the cai, headers and the gears in if the price is right. Do they throw in the install too:confused2:? if not whats that gonna run me?

Sorry to throw so much sht at you but its a 4 hour drive:thumbsup: and I just want to know what Im gettin into. I no you can understand that.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've built plenty of obs tahoes from $4000 to $8000, really depends on what wheels and tires and all the extra stuff you want (triple shocks up front, adjustables, traction bars, etc). We just did a 6" suspension/3" body with some 38" mickey atz on 16x10 classic IIs and I think he dropped about $8k. Lift wheels and tires are usually $4k-$5k, figure another $500 for front end work (pitman/idler, tie rods, maybe a steering box), $1200-$2000 for a re-gear (depending on locker/limited slip). I'd wait until they do another free install deal and a 1/2 off gear package, keep your eye on the website and join the email list and they sometimes whore out some good deals. Get them to gusset your idler arm bracket if they have to replace it, common issue and you'll be putting more stress on the assembly with the wider wheels and larger tires.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all that **** is burried somewhere. i had abut $3500 in all of whats listed above. wheels/tires/lift was installed. headers and CIA where in boxes.

just for the gears and labor (on sale, not including a new locker) was $1200.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you paid the 3500 at the fairgrounds. then got all the **** hooked up ? plus another 1200 for gears? dam that doesnt come across as a HUGE deal. But then again Ive never lifted any trucks. A local shop that is world famous for its lifts, Mooses 4x4, quoted me 2800 with a 6inch procomp lift, alignment, and any mods like exhaust. Id still have to whip up a set of beefy 33s with some rims but is the 2800 a good deal? im still going to indy next weekand.

9/11.....thanks you troops and whip those ali babbas asses:yesnod:

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you paid the 3500 at the fairgrounds. then got all the **** hooked up ? plus another 1200 for gears? dam that doesnt come across as a HUGE deal. But then again Ive never lifted any trucks. A local shop that is world famous for its lifts, Mooses 4x4, quoted me 2800 with a 6inch procomp lift, alignment, and any mods like exhaust. Id still have to whip up a set of beefy 33s with some rims but is the 2800 a good deal? im still going to indy next weekand.

9/11.....thank you troops and whip those ali babbas asses:yesnod:

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a side note. I called 4wheelparts.com last night and they said that they only do a free install on lifts kits once a year. He said they MIGHT do it again but normally its 1 time a year. ****, I dont really want to wait but its a sweet deal when its free.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to buy a certain set of tires and rims along with the lift kit to qualify. i saved more the way i went.

the headers for my truck alone were almost $400. the CAI another couple hundred.

i got my lift alone with install for about the same price as the lift on a normal day. i saved almost enough to cover the $600 install fee. the total price is probably wrong, but im not digging all that **** out.

tires were buy 3 and get one free, got a little off the first three as well.
got about $20 off per rim.
saved like $50 on the headers
saved some on the CIA
(all above savings could be a little more or less, it was a year ago. but they were all knocked down enough to make i t completely worth it.)

mines not a good deal? $2800 for just a lift and alignment (and the 5 minute exhaust adjustement) is WAY overpriced.... the 6" procomp lift is about $1600. having it installed at 4wheelparts is another $600 (includes exhaust adjustment, and alignment) thats an extra $600 of fees.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, Ive never lifted a truck.but actually the 6 inch lift kit from procomp is a little over 1700. plus install and since I dont live near a 4wheelparts store (nearest one is 4 hours away) then gas:yesnod: becomes a factor too. but when you said they have great deals, I just thought you were gonna blow me away with some awesome price, which you didnt. No biggie, just trying to get the most for me money. same thing you were trying to do when you bought all your ****. I forgot to add that the 2800 includes pittman and idler arms. 1700 plus the 600 for the install plus the 200 they want for new pittman and idler arms puts me at 2500 if I went to 4wheelparts, o yea and 200 for gas to get their and back, hmmm puts me at 2700. thanks for the input, ill try and get me **** at the fairgrounds and hope :mpr:they hook it up. stay tuned because it wont be long untill this beast is unleashed.