A/C cabin filter in 98?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyenne

Reaction score
Hi all. New here. We bought our 98 Yukon in '03 and it has 140K on it know and has been a great car. The a/c has never been very good. I've had it serviced twice in those years and the service tech tells me that I get 40 something degree air out of the vents but I just don't think its right. I had one tech on the phone tell me that some 98's had a cabin air filter. Anybody got comments or suggestions? Does running the rear a/c have any adverse effect on the front air? When it gets 85 to 90* here, it doesn't seem to get cool enough.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 40* out of the vents, make shure you have the recirc on and blower up....

Cheyenne

Reaction score
I think that the last tech that looked at it told be the dash air was like 46-47*. Just not enough volume to do the job. I've done a little bit of searching here and one post said that he experienced similar problem and found out the orifice tube was plugged. Don't know any thing about a/c so will have to trust a better shop than the last 2 that I've had it at. Has there ever been found a '98 that had a cabin filter? May just have to start pulling it apart but not looking forward to it.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a set of guages on it, they will tell you if the O tube is plugged.....