A/C HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poppa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A/C is not working ,1994 Yukon. High side hose gets hot ,low side gets warm. The r134 I am using comes with a gauge and is in the 'green' zone @ 50 psi when filling (almost max). Hooking up my manifold set gets me 48-65 not cycling/cycling and the high side gets me 50-70 psi not cycling/cycling. Car off low side @ 45 and high side @50. It also has a R134 scale low side not cycling/cycling +11-+20 and high side +10-+22. Also I noticed some oil at the connections when disconnecting the manifold set , more at the high pressure side. Clutch cycles - on about a second off for 3 or 4. If I jump the pressure switch on (I think) the accumulator (silver can @ firewall) it will stay engaged. Air doesn't even gat cool. Thanks for reading my ramblings

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a repair, you need to check your pressures with the clutch engaged, the high side will be over a hundred, the low side will be below 50 (usually when I fill 'em). I prefer to suck them down for half an hour before filling them so that moisture gets sucked out... but I suspect you may have more problems (the low and high side service ports go bad on these.......