A/C parts replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattress

Reaction score
My A/C hasn't worked since I bought my Tahoe about 2 years ago. The system has a leak in the discharge and suction line at the high/low quick connectors. The threads the quick connectors screw onto are so worn that no good seal can be made between the line and the connectors. I bought a new discharge/suction line, new compressor since mine made a funny noise anyway, accumulator and orifice tube. I want to replace these parts myself to save on labor costs, then just take it down and have it evacuated and charged, but don't know what seals and/or o-rings I will need to replace in addition to the parts. Anyone know off hand what seals/o-rings I'll need, and is the dealer the best source to get them, or is there a better/cheaper place to get them?

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are just o-rings. Nothing special about them. You can get them at any hardware or auto parts store.

I would just replace every o-ring you see when you tear it down. I'm not sure if there are any seals for the parts you are replacing. Sorry.

We need an online service manual for this forum. Then you would know for sure.

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need the seals for the line set to compressor. Seal where the line goes to the acc., high side line to condensor. If the other seals aren't leaking, then don't mess with them. Sometimes aluminum corrodes, and you can damage threads and fitting trying to remove them.

mattress

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have an online service manual or microfiche? This is annoying, I'm used to working on motorcycles and every bike I have I can get online and find microfiche for, with part numbers and prices.