A/C problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccyt

Reaction score
My actuators on the ac system don’t shift from face to feet to defrost like the use to, I have recently change the actuators, and ac controll module but didn’t fix it. Any help would be very thankful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dsmspickdad

Reaction score
I don’t think this system works that way, everything it’s electric

When does this happen? Going up a hill, idling, or deceleration?

ccyt

Reaction score
When does this happen? Going up a hill, idling, or deceleration?

They don’t work at all, air blows from front vents only, all the time, if I switch it to defrost or feet, it will stay on front vents. I wonder if it’s the ecm?

Dsmspickdad

Reaction score
They don’t work at all, air blows from front vents only, all the time, if I switch it to defrost or feet, it will stay on front vents. I wonder if it’s the ecm?

ECM is not the issue. Bad body module or HVAC module

ccyt

Reaction score
ECM is not the issue. Bad body module or HVAC module

I replaced the HVAC module and still the same well sort of, now the AC has a mind of his own, it just changing from feet to face to defrost and it’s awful, that body module, if I replace it do I have to reprogram it or is it just plug and play

Dsmspickdad

Reaction score
I replaced the HVAC module and still the same well sort of, now the AC has a mind of his own, it just changing from feet to face to defrost and it’s awful, that body module, if I replace it do I have to reprogram it or is it just plug and play

Plug and play.

Bluwtr

Reaction score
Have you checked the door actuators? If they fail the system will do crazy stuff. Did you hear a "grinding" or "binding" sound before they quit all-together? If so, it's most likey the actuator/s. Not very expensive and fairly easy to replace.

ccyt

Reaction score
Have you checked the door actuators? If they fail the system will do crazy stuff. Did you hear a "grinding" or "binding" sound before they quit all-together? If so, it's most likey the actuator/s. Not very expensive and fairly easy to replace.

Yes I have replaced two of them one controls the air duct and the other controls the temperature and still the same but I his weekend am going to a yunk yard and get the body module and hopefully that will do

PatrickDayne

Reaction score
Did you replace the actuator above the gas pedal, and did you carefully align the white plastic gear up correctly? Look at the actuator above the gas pedal while turning the knob from vent to defrost and see if the actuator is moving. If not, and if its new, sounds like an electrical/fuse issue. If it moves it sounds like the gear isnt aligned.