A/C questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok first off humch should my 96 tahoe take, second does that stop leak stuff really work, and third how do you fill and where? please help

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok first off humch should my 96 tahoe take, second does that stop leak stuff really work, and third how do you fill and where? please help

1) Depends directly with ambiant temprature.
2) Yes stop leak works for small leaks. If you have a large hole in your system, fix the problem first, replace the dryer, vacuum the system and then add in the stop leak/freon.
3)You always fill the low pressure port.

Hardwarz

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have a question about A/C. I'm a newb to recharging and dealing the the A/C componnents so here goes:

I recharged my AC and all is well cold air works now yay, BUT... something I saw after driving today kinda freaked me out, but maybe I'm just getting worried for no reason.

You know where the heater control valve hoses and the A/C hose/fitting plug into the firewall and into your heating/cooling unit inside the dash? Well, on my truck anyway, there is another thing next to that cluser of tubes and hoses, it is just a 90 degree rubber looking elbo that point down, maybe 2 - 3 square inches in size. After using my AC, I got home today and looked under my hoot and say that there was fluid dripping out of this elbow... I didn't dare to touch it or anything in case it was something like refrigerant. Is this just water, like some kind of condensation drainage, or does it sound like something isn't right? I'll draw a mockup of it on paint in case anyone is unsure of what I'm explaining:

elbow.JPG