A girl from Florida needs wheel & tire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ta-ta-hoe

Reaction score
wheel & tire info for 07 tahoe

I'm putting new wheels and tires on my 2007 Tahoe LT 4wd and I have a few questions.

I had a 2" ReadyLift leveling kit installed last year and it's not sitting level yet. What can I do to get the front end up a little more?

The new wheels are Helo he835 20x9 +18mm offset. The tires I want are Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/55/20. Will these fit without trimming? My understanding is they may stick out past the fender a little because of the +18mm offset. Is this correct?

Thanks

Attachments

• 07 tahoe bw sm.jpg
    07 tahoe bw sm.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 45
  • helo he835 s.jpg
    helo he835 s.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:to the forum. I cannot help you with your tire question, but can welcome you on board. Hopefully someone will jump in, good luck.
david g. :waytogo:

ta-ta-hoe

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure all the tire and wheel questions get old after awhile. Thanks again for your response I was beginning to wonder if I posted correctly.I'm still learning my way around here :boti:

ta-ta-hoe

Reaction score
So, for anyone who might this information at a date.
I brought the tahoe into the shop today, talked to one of the owners, they actually put the leveling kit on my truck. He suggested 305/50/20 nitto terra grapplers, said they would look great and they were a little wider and give it a better stance. So he ordered them for me...That brings us to today.....Just got a call said the tires don't fit WTF! My options are running a smaller tire , putting a suspension lift on it $1000 or taking the old leveling kit off and putting a new 2.5" leveling kit on.

If anyone is out there can you tell me which leveling kit will actually level the truck so I can get the 285/55/20 or 305/50/20 nitto's on it. Any help is welcome!:confused:

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they might be saying that because of the way your front end sits. what you could do is have them order it for you and mock the wheel up to the truck and test fit.

ta-ta-hoe

Reaction score
They actually did that today. After the nitto's didn't fit they rolled up a set of 285/50/20 cooper zeon ltz, nice tire but that size looks to small. I think I'm going to take off the leveling kit they put on and get the CCM 2.5" leveling kit. The 07 tahoes that Ive seen with the CCM 2.5" leveling kit sit level and there's plenty of room for the nitto 285/55/20. I know I'm throwing away the $400 I spent on the first leveling kit but I'd rather fix it now than never be happy with the way it looks.

Thanks so much for responding, have a great weekend!

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell

I agree with samotahoe. I dont think you really meant that you where going to toss it in the trash but I would suggest putting it on:

CraigsList
Ebay

and this site as well.

Between those three im sure you will get back some of your investment. I would clearly note in the ad why you are selling it the condition its in etc.

Then they know that there isnt a problem with is etc. That you had no choice but to change it out due to the tires you Really wanted to run

AndyManTX

Reaction score
I can't speak for why a 2" kit doesn't lift as promised. If the 305's are rubbing, my guess it because the offset of the wheels is too great. The higher that number is (+18), more wheel is tucked in under the fender. I would recommend going with +31 offset. That's a 1/2" tucked in further. Any further questions regarding offset, just ask.