AC high fan output not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totalpackage

Reaction score
Guys, im not sure if this vbulletin forum is owned or run by same folks as the other one i posted this on but i figured i would try and post my problem here also to get additional eyes on this problem.
My ac high fan switch setting quit blowing several days back. Since then i have replaced all the original equipment as listed. Blower motor, resister, relay, ac control. I didnt mind replacing all due to other issues that may have been existing in the other components. I will say now the existing fan blower speeds do work better but i still have the highest setting still not blowing at all. Any ideas?

sntrym95

Reaction score
Check the connector that runs from the relay to the blower motor. I had an issue where mine melted slightly and disturbed the connection. I had to cut the connector out and replace with butt connectors.

That connector is behind the glove box, wrapped in foam, above and to the left of the blower motor.

totalpackage

Reaction score
Check the connector that runs from the relay to the blower motor. I had an issue where mine melted slightly and disturbed the connection. I had to cut the connector out and replace with butt connectors.

That connector is behind the glove box, wrapped in foam, above and to the left of the blower motor.

That was it, i worked on this intermitently for days and that issue was inches away. I think it did that due to the old fan current draw. I have new fan installed now. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• tah240.jpg
    tah240.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 5

sntrym95

Reaction score
Yeah it took me a couple weeks to track down all the wiring diagrams after replacing the blower motor resistor and control panel trying to figure out why it would work sometimes and not others.

Here's a link to some pics I took of the factory service manual for HVAC stuff: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm77966y