Actuator mystery for HVAC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron3033ron

Reaction score
Hi All
Actatuator stopped working that points air to floor/face/vent/windshield. It is the actuator above the gas pedal. I got it to go, but since has quit again.
Some say this mode door, some say blend door?? I would think it is mode??
I hear compressor engage when I turn dial to windshield, & I get volts on the three wires in the back of the connector so ?.. I assum actuator motor is gone??

What is the correct replacemt actuator some versions say about pins.

What is correct one.... For floor/face/vent/windshield actuator?
Will doorman 604 107 or is it other ones Dorman sell? (I contacted Dorman, all they sent was a list of actuators, not the one to use for this repair.
Ant thought?
Thanks

ron3033ron

Reaction score
6 pins that comect to 3 wires. No numders or stickers on it.

Attachments

• 20220813_200357.jpg
    20220813_200357.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220813_200244.jpg
    20220813_200244.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 0

ron3033ron

Reaction score
I found this not sure?

Flying Dutchman

Reaction score
Hi All
Actatuator stopped working that points air to floor/face/vent/windshield. It is the actuator above the gas pedal. I got it to go, but since has quit again.
Some say this mode door, some say blend door?? I would think it is mode??
I hear compressor engage when I turn dial to windshield, & I get volts on the three wires in the back of the connector so ?.. I assum actuator motor is gone??

What is the correct replacemt actuator some versions say about pins.

What is correct one.... For floor/face/vent/windshield actuator?
Will doorman 604 107 or is it other ones Dorman sell? (I contacted Dorman, all they sent was a list of actuators, not the one to use for this repair.
Ant thought?
Thanks
Hi Ron,
I have issues with my Tahoe LT 2004
I just replaced my HVAC actuator heater blend door for the passenger side, with number 07 here in the picture. It was a hell of a job to get this thing out as it is the top one in the dash directly under the ventilation ducts. I placed a photo shoot on you tube how to replace that one....but to get to the point, you are asking what type of actuator to buy. I can only give you one good advice, remove the defect one, and search for the number on the sticker on internet. You will definitely find the correct one for your truck and otherwise a compatible replacement.
I am in the mids of replacing these actuators, right now i ordered also the one in the back with number 25 on the sticker. Unfortunately or actually luckily for me, i did not have to replace the one just above the gas pedal.:)
These actuators are not so expensive, i think they are about 18 bucks.

Good luck Ron.

Attachments

• IMG_3938.JPG
    IMG_3938.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4019.JPG
    IMG_4019.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 0