Adaptive cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eldayrie

Reaction score
I have a 2015 LTZ and was wondering if I can add an adaptive cruise control to my Tahoe? It has the forward alert and gap setting system but not the adaptive cruise control.
Possible?

SARNCAN

Reaction score
I have a 2015 LTZ and was wondering if I can add an adaptive cruise control to my Tahoe? It has the forward alert and gap setting system but not the adaptive cruise control.

Possible?

Well, gap setting system is actually linked with adaptive cruise control, so I think you already have it in your vehicle.
You may check by using cruise control and get close to a vehicle in front of you, or by disabling traction control while the vehicle in motion (adaptive cruise control cannot by activated or been used hence at this time)

Eldayrie

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. I actual did that but the car did not automatically slow down. It alerted me that I am getting too close but it did not reduce the speed.

SARNCAN

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. I actual did that but the car did not automatically slow down. It alerted me that I am getting too close but it did not reduce the speed.

You may need to check and see the owner manual if ACC was mentioned or not. Otherwise check if there is something wrong that prevents the system from working (fuse/something blocking the radar/...) or check with the dealer.

I know that the very first cars produced/released from the factory when they launched the new Tahoe/Yukon back in 2015 had some issues and then been fixed at the second or third production of the year (2015). So, I would say try to check guarantee wither if the car equipped with this feature or not.
I know that you can chat with chevy’s customers support and get a PDF file with all of your car’s specs via your car’s VIN

Eldayrie

Reaction score
According to the user manual this car does not have ACC but does have driver assistant that alerts the driver.
My question is, do you know if I could add Adaptive Cruise control now and any idea how much it would be? I couldn’t not find anything online. Many thanks!!!

SARNCAN

Reaction score
According to the user manual this car does not have ACC but does have driver assistant that alerts the driver.
My question is, do you know if I could add Adaptive Cruise control now and any idea how much it would be? I couldn’t not find anything online. Many thanks!!!

In this case, it might be a BCM issue (Body Control Module) that needs to be replaced with a 2016 model or updated I guess to include that feature. Seems to be a big project that has some risks of incompatibility, so I would recommend checking and consulting the dealer

Last edited:

cbpat1

Reaction score
I have it on my Acadia, but not my Tahoe. I tried to get my dealer to see if they could get it added as an aftermarket item, they checked and found out from GM that the answer is no. Too bad because I am apparently one of the few people that also like it.

cbpat1

Reaction score
Yes it is.

Yes it is unfortunate. I really like adaptive cruise control. It does take a little getting used to, however, when you get used to how it can work to your advantage, it’s awesome. A lot of people hate it and wish there was a way to turn it off. Not me, I love it.