AFM TSB performed NOW is it working for everyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jweezy

Reaction score
TSB 10-06-01-008B AFM deflector installed. Is anyone experiencing the fix as a fix or still continued oil consumption. Once this TSB is performed it reads the pistons and rings etc must be replaced if your engine oil consumption is greater than 1 quart in the next 2000 miles after the Deflector is installed in your oil pan. Just curious on comments for those of you that have had the TSB performed. To compile the percentage of "the fix that fixed this problem" VS "the TSB fix that isn't working" Moderators can assist on a vote similar to those who love they're Tahoe/SUV/Pickup with AFM when it actually seems to be a Bad Design for heavy vehicles. How much fuel do you actually save 1 gallon per fill up? Seems like a V8 should run on all 8 cylinders all the time!

IceStriker

Reaction score
TSB 10-06-01-008B AFM deflector installed. Is anyone experiencing the fix as a fix or still continued oil consumption. Once this TSB is performed it reads the pistons and rings etc must be replaced if your engine oil consumption is greater than 1 quart in the next 2000 miles after the Deflector is installed in your oil pan. Just curious on comments for those of you that have had the TSB performed. To compile the percentage of "the fix that fixed this problem" VS "the TSB fix that isn't working" Moderators can assist on a vote similar to those who love they're Tahoe/SUV/Pickup with AFM when it actually seems to be a Bad Design for heavy vehicles. How much fuel do you actually save 1 gallon per fill up? Seems like a V8 should run on all 8 cylinders all the time!

I have 163k on my truck. Can I have thks TSB performed? I burn a quart every 1k miles. Down almost 4 quarts per oil change!