Aftermarket Audio Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again, and do you know of any cord or adapter that converts 2 RCA inputs to 4 outputs so I can plan on how to get signals to my subs!

uegdesigner

Reaction score
JP Customs - Gone?

I am new to this forum, all great info thanks!

Everyone references this JP Customs "Miracle Adapter" but it seems that JP Customs has gone offline. Anyone know anything about them going under? If so where do we now get these great adapters?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum, all great info thanks!

Everyone references this JP Customs "Miracle Adapter" but it seems that JP Customs has gone offline. Anyone know anything about them going under? If so where do we now get these great adapters?

It isn't a jpcustoms adapter, they just had a good price on it. The adapter is the PAC AOEM-GM1416, you can find it elsewhere.

uegdesigner

Reaction score
It isn't a jpcustoms adapter, they just had a good price on it. The adapter is the PAC AOEM-GM1416, you can find it elsewhere.
Since you have done this install would you say it would be easier to not use the adapter and just tap into the speaker outputs directly to a "speaker-level input" amp and then back out to the speakers. Since I don't have the Bose system I figured I could use that space for my 4-channel amp "like you did" and all 4 crossovers for my front/rear components. I would love to get your/anyones opinion.
I will be installing 2 sets of Diamond Audio D661s with tweeters in the door pillar as you did "Awesome Idea" powered by a 4 channel Infinity Reference amp.
I will begin another post when I start my installation...

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adapter is pretty cheap, and will give you better quality than using the high level speaker inputs. Definitely go for it.

uegdesigner

Reaction score
Very nice work.......... :thumbsup:

I am interested in your little modifying of the front tweeters....did you just pop off that plastic piece, mount the tweets and your good to go????? Look great.

You can see my install of the tweeters here

hotrod127

Reaction score
Gambler , I saw your write up on the Radio upgrade . Great great info .... I just purchased a new Tahoe and was considering to do exactly what you did.
Is there an easy to contact you ...I had a few questions ... You can email me at hotrod127@yahoo,
Thx
Jorge

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gambler , I saw your write up on the Radio upgrade . Great great info .... I just purchased a new Tahoe and was considering to do exactly what you did.
Is there an easy to contact you ...I had a few questions ... You can email me at hotrod127@yahoo,
Thx
Jorge

I'm happy to answer any questions you have, just pm me with them and I'll reply.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually using a-pillar mounted tweeters has become more and more popular among car audio competitors..when executed properly they not only lift but widen your soundstage...off course tuning and crossover points are crucial in making them work properly...GM actually did their homework...they are much better up their than where they originally were on the GMT-800's.(in the doors)

on my GMT 800 they were on the a pillers???

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the PAC GM1416 RCA outs adapter have an output connector to connect to the audio outs of the amp or do you have to get new wires or use the stock ones to run audio to the doors?

Mighty MoG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall under-hood:
under_hood.jpg

How did you open that fuseable link box?

Mighty MoG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it

Had to pop it out with a flat head. I guess my fingers weren't strong enough.

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
do you have to hook up the wire for the amps to go to that little box thing under the engine? or can you wire it straight to the battery? and is there any point to wiring it to the box?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wired it to that box so that the total draw from the battery is fused. This would include the amp and everything else that runs from the fuse box. You could wire it to the battery and it would probably be fine. I was just being cautious. Another advantage is that it is a lot easier to hook it to that box then to screw with getting a new battery terminal connector, etc.

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
I have a kicker 1000 watt amp i will be installing, does it matter the wattage of the amp you hook to this fuse box? i dont want to blow that fuse in the box, if its even a fuse.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuse in that box is a 175A fuse. That comes out to 2100Watts before it will blow. Also, your 1000W amp is more than likely only peak wattage, so I think you are well below that limit. But seriously, if you really want to wire it to the battery, go right on ahead, you should be fine.