Aftermarket Audio Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
How exactly did you get the power wire to the amp through that piece of rubber. I tried to reach my hand down into where it is and tried to cut it but I couldn't. Any special way?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I poked a coat hanger through the rubber from the inside of the car, then attached the wire to the inside end and pulled it through from the engine bay. The rubber should stretch to the wire's size and make a good seal.

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
ok, i hooked up sub and amp today, took maybe 30 minuets, got it all finished and the amp wont cut off when i cut the caar off. I even tried cutting the car off, takign key out, opened the door, shut it back and locked it, hoping the amp would turn off in maybe 10-30 seconds, but that didnt happen, it just stayed on. Any suggestions to the problem are greatly appreciated.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that the first time too, it can take a while to shut off sometimes. It is the retained accessory power, or something like that. Sit in the driver's seat, make sure all your doors and hatches are closed and hit the lock button on your remote. If your doors lock, they should shut off in about a minute.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it would take tens of minutes with music playing for your battery to die. With no sound playing it would last much longer.

Tom1822

Reaction score
Dimensions/Questions?

Gambler, im building a similar box under my center console and was curious what the dimensions of your box was if you still have them? I would like to see if im close.

Also does your center console sit on top of the enclosure or is there space between them.

Ive noticed once you remove the bose amp and bracket that goes over it you lose alot of support for the center console due to not being able to screw into that bracket that went over bose amp. I was thinking maybe I could secure the console to the enslosure was it is bolted down, but wanted to see what u did.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom1822

Reaction score
Also what did you use as a new bottom for your center console compartment so you dont see the sub enclosure?