Aftermarket HU not corresponding with the rear stock TV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bukike

Reaction score
I put a Pioneer double din receiver in 2007 Ltz and now trying to figure out how I can make therear tv is work... Any comments will help. Thanks!!!

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I know little to nothing about how those work, but consider this a free bump to the top for ya...

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting power to the back screen at all but no picture? Nothing at all? Narrow things down on what could control the rear screen. Maybe its a simple wire in the harness of the Head Unit that needs to be hooked up to get the back screen to power up when the system powers up? Could also be a possible setting on your HU. What model Pioneer did you install?

Bukike

Reaction score
I have P3300BT. I have power but no video. I probably need a RCA cable or something..??

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the looks of the manual on your HU, you have a rear video out and rear audio out. The rear video out is RCA and the audio looks to be a headphone jack style plug. They sell a splitter that goes from the headphone jack to RCA in on the rear display. You need to find out how the stock unit connected to the rear display.

Im not too familiar with the stock setup, but if you could drop the rear display without having to remove the headliner, I would see if you could identify the wiring that goes from the display unit to the front to get a better idea of what wiring was used to get signal and sound to the rear display.

Mentos

Reaction score
Hello. You should use Composite Video Output on back side of your receiver with RCA cable about 3-4 meters. Then put off your back tv, cut connector RCA any side of cable and solder signal wire to central place of yellow socet on TV, the other wire - to outer side socket on TV. And do the same with audio output\input. If you didnt understand me? ill try to explain clearly. But i don't have any pictures of my TV. If you make some pictures i'll show you what to do.