Alarm issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve 04 z71

Reaction score
Hi group,

When I lock or unlock my 04 z71with the factory remote the horn chips. Is there a way to disable this horn honk? I have tried the DIC onboard computer on the dash and that did not work. Just trying not to go to Chevy for this fix. Help please!.

Scrtcell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you save the settings in the dic after you made the changes because if not then it will not change....

Steve 04 z71

Reaction score
Hi Scrtcell,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the settings were set to lamps only in the remote feedback "lock" and "unlock" modes when I went to change the settings. I'm thinking the alarm system could be failing, because after turning the truck off and opening the drivers door the horn chirps 3-4 times. Something just doesn't seem right, since it has never done this before. Any other ideas?

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have steering wheel controls ... also by chance has there been an attempt break in into your tahoe is your door lock cylinder pounced in ?

Steve 04 z71

Reaction score
Hi No there was no break in. The alarm was set off by opening the door without turning the alarm off and then all of the setting were changes somehow. Nothing seems to work to change the programming.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this disconnect the battery for like a minute or so then reprogram the remote again even though its already programmed. Not sure if you know how but the way its done is get in drivers seat close all doors... key in ignition now PRESS AND HOLD THE UNLOCK ON DOOR LOCK SWITCH do not release the door unlock switch.. cycle the ignition from on to off 2 times... so it will be.. ON - OFF -ON - OFF now release the door unlock switch the door locks will then cycle from lock to unlock and horn will sound twice.. now being ignition is in the off position pull it out so that you have the remote in hand and press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote hold it for up to 30 seconds or till you see the door locks cycle and horn chirps... once thats is done put the key back in the ignition and cycle the key from on to off 1 time there the remote should be programmed...try that hope it works