all you limited lovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****! where were these great deals when i still had money to buy one!?!

that price is freakin low compared to the ones i've seen lately.

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which i had seen that one on eBay. Less money and less miles than my 02' LT.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.... I live in massachsetts. This is only about a two hour drive for me.

I honestly would really contemplate buying this. Really... but I don't have 3600$. I'd have to sell my current Tahoe and sell it within a reasonable time frame to get this one before it goes.

Man, that is so tempting it's ridiculous.

****UPDATE: I just emailed that guy. I'm really intrigued haha.

Last edited:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.... I live in massachsetts. This is only about a two hour drive for me.

I honestly would really contemplate buying this. Really... but I don't have 3600$. I'd have to sell my current Tahoe and sell it within a reasonable time frame to get this one before it goes.

Man, that is so tempting it's ridiculous.

****UPDATE: I just emailed that guy. I'm really intrigued haha.

And his response was?

What is so special with the limited besides the "Body Kit"?

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ Last of the GMT 400 Tahoes manufactured, limited production numbers make it a rare find, paint and wheels exclusive to that vehicle, etc. If you know and love GMT 400 Tahoe, you are pretty much certain to love the Tahoe Limited.

Last edited:

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And his response was?

What is so special with the limited besides the "Body Kit"?

Well I emailed him yesterday night, so be hasn't gotten back to me yet. But if I don't get an email by later today then I think I'm gonna call this person seeing as how they left their phone number.

As for why it is so special, well if the brand "limited" didn't give it away, these are limited edition trucks. Only 8,905 units produced for only one model year (2000) in all black, unique limited tahoe rims, 2" factory lower suspenstion, two tone grey/dark grey interior, 120 mph guage cluster, 2-wheel drive, limited edition bumper with set-in fog lights, suburban brakes, bilstein shocks, and yes, the side skirts.

Supposedly they were based off of a "Tahoe SS" concept developed in 1995. Basically it's a very limited edition sporty suv that would make an awesome race truck. I'll dump my 383 in that puppy, and the thing will just be all around awesome.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't buy anything off Craig's list. I remember a story of a guy selling a computer, met the buyer at a Starbucks and the buyer stole the laptop.

So don't you mean you wouldn't SELL anything on Craig's list?

Anyway, I called the guy today and I guess he is some kind of an automotive wholesalesman and acquires cars and sells them quick for small profit. He got this truck because someone traded it in for a Toyota pickup truck. It has ~104,000 miles, new tires, some kind of custom exhaust and those aftermarket rims. He said it drives lovely and all that jazz, so it totally seems worth going down and checking it out.

I just have a few things to consider:

I don't have $3,600 to throw around at the moment. I am currently $1,200 away from paying off a $3,500 personal loan for my Tahoe I have now. So, I was thinking maybe work my tail off and get a bunch of overtime for a couple weeks and pay off that loan, then take out another $3,600 loan right after. The problem is, as is the nature of this guy's business, he can't hold the truck for me, not even if I gave him money down or anything. So there is no garuntee this truck will still be there in a few weeks. He also doesn't have any kind of financing options.

I could sell my truck. Fix the grille and slap a $2,500 - $3,000 price tag on it and make up the rest of the money myself, but I really doubt I could sell this truck within a reasonable time frame. Guh, I need this truck; there has got to be a way I can afford it.

just curious were did you find that the limiteds where 2inches lower than stock i set mine next to stock hoe and was level till i lowered mine just curious

Honestly? I read that on the Chavrolet Tahoe wiki article. I have never seen a Tahoe limited in person, and I have definitely never seen one side by side with a stock GMT400 tahoe, but they seem like the stock photos of them look a little lower to the ground. I could be wrong, but that is just what I have read. It's tough finding real viable infor on these trucks.

I have a question for those of you who own a limited (or if you just happen to know). Does it have the 5.7L Vortec or the newer 5.3?

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One downside I hadn't thought about yet was state inspection. I plan on building up a carbureted 383 with a high-flow exhaust (was planned for my '95 Tahoe) for this truck if I get it.... but it's a 2000 and has to pass an emissions inspection every other year in my state. Ugh. How am I going to do that? Don't they plug a scanner into your computer and everything for that kind of stuff? I planned on running a computer independant engine... Plus a free-flowing 383 with a carb will definitely not be CARB approved haha.

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say work your tail off for that money and make ur current tahoe a badass ride ......a wholesale auto salesman will tell you it was robert deniros tahoe if it meant him selling it quik

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say work your tail off for that money and make ur current tahoe a badass ride ......a wholesale auto salesman will tell you it was robert deniros tahoe if it meant him selling it quik

Well, I'm not an ignorant retard. I'm going to drive down there an give the truck a look over and give it a thorough drive before I commit to it. I know what to look for in these trucks and I will be able to tell if it is worth the money to me or not. Honestly though, for $3600... just the fact that it is a Limited in working order and not a salvage POS is almost worth it alone.

Yeah get some MILS and that will make your CEL's go away. Newer vechiles don't get emission tested

...What?

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but were from massachusetts i thought we were all ignant tards,,,,,,,,,,,,lol