Any cops in here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't exactly public knowledge, but if there are any cops on the forums with access to government pricing from Chevy, I'm looking for the MSRP on a 2008 Tahoe 5W4 Police Package four wheel drive Tahoe. I'm trying like hell to get my department to swtich from Ford Explorer's to Tahoes (the new V8 Tahoes actually get better mileage than our V6 Explorers), but it's a hard sell at civilian model pricing. We can get Explorers very cheap, which is why we use them...but they suck in pretty much every area.

Any help is appreciated, you can PM me with the info if necessary. Thanks in advance.

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a few unmarked Tahoes and I have a Yukon. None of ours are police package, they are all Captains cars or Special Ops unit. I know a local city uses them for there Sgts and there badass. I drove one and they handle awesome and are lowered from the factory! Best bet would be finding a local Chevy dealer and get ahold of the Fleet/Gov sales dept. We dont order them ourselves, we have a fllet manager for the whole city, so we dont even see pricing! They should be able to tell you, just tell them what your doing!

KennyB22

Reaction score
There should be a chevy dealer near you that has a state contract. Every two years when we buy tahoes for our fire dept, there is a local dealer that has the state contract. Sometimes the dealers switch, but I know all the neighboring depts. buy their tahoes from the same dealer. I dunno if it's different in Co. though. Each year the state puts a bid out and whoever is the lowest gets to sell to the fire depts./ police. Hoped that help a little.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The unfortunate part of our situation is that while we are very closely affiliated with law enforcement, we are not a POST recognized agency. Because of this, we are only considered "security" by the state of colorado (even though our authority and duties go far beyond that of any security company), and although we are also a state recognized EMS agency and have emergency vehicle authorization, we are not a "government" entity and do not qualify for state bid pricing.

I was just looking to see how much the police package tahoes would cost as a base starting point. I don't even know if they're available to non-governmental agencies, but it was worth a shot. As an aside, I did send a couple e-mails to local fleet reps at several dealerships. We'll see what they say.

All we are looking for are a couple basic Tahoe LS 4x4's, white, cloth interior, with power locks/windows, and AC. We don't need anything fancy, and we'll be paying for them with cash out of our budget.

Think theres a chance in hell that I can walk into the dealership and say, "we need two basic Tahoes for $30K each. If you can do it, great. If not, I'm leaving." and actually come away with two vehicles? I figure I at least have a shot since SUV sales are so bad right now.

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know about $30K, but you should be able to get close especially if you buy two and your organization has some kind of public recognition, maybe they will do u favor!

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to. My agency got my Yukon for $28,000. I know its not 4wd, but its the Yukon and not the tahoe and I think theres a few thousand tacked on for the GMC version. I dont know what the 4x4 adds to the truck, but at the right dealer, I would imagine you could get that pretty easy for 30k each!

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There ya go! But I dont know if you can get 4x4 police package. I dont think they make it. Anyhow, we paid just over 26k for our non-PP Tahoe.