Any ideas to safe the spare key?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmbtahoe

Reaction score
Is it a good idea to hide the spare key somewhere in the car (outside offcourse)? like you rape it to the one of the car under parts.:ktoe:

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lock it inside the car, and call onstar to unlock the doors :)

I have heard humor's of locking the keys in a vette and being able to shake the car to unlock the doors or something? Idk, never tried it, but that could be a security concern if the keys were in the general vacinity of the car.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lock it inside the car, and call onstar to unlock the doors :)

I have heard humor's of locking the keys in a vette and being able to shake the car to unlock the doors or something? Idk, never tried it, but that could be a security concern if the keys were in the general vacinity of the car.

I dont think so, my vette is the most easiest car to piss off the alarm, you squese the sensor twice to open it and bam its honking. Since everything in the locking and door opening is electronic i doubt that you can shake it.

On the vette there is no real lock, when you hit lock it just de activates the sensor to open the door.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think so, my vette is the most easiest car to piss off the alarm, you squese the sensor twice to open it and bam its honking. Since everything in the locking and door opening is electronic i doubt that you can shake it.

On the vette there is no real lock, when you hit lock it just de activates the sensor to open the door.

I was speaking about a c5...

straight from a tips' and tricks site for the c5. Never tried myself.
'If you have the passive entry feature: If you lock your keys in the car, wait a few minutes and then shake the car. That will unlock the car."

I dont believe you can lock yourself out of a C6...