Anybody ever used "Engine Restore" ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thaslick1

Reaction score
I have a 02 tahoe and I was thinking about adding engine restore to my engine. I don't really have any problems with my truck, but I do have 139,000 miles on it and thought this might just help restore some of the wear in my engine from over the years.

Anybody's input would be great..... Thanx guys

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
The last time I used Restore was in 1996. I ran it in a 1987 Chevy Cadavalier. I noticed no difference.

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used restore on an older engine, no difference.

I don't really believe in a miracle in a can with exception to seafoam, use it once a year or so.

I have 130,000+ on our Yukon and it runs great, change plugs, wires, seafoam, chevron tech....stuff once in a while and I change my tranny fluid once a year (pan dump and new filter). Original tranny and no problems. I also flushed radiator, new power steering fluid, flushed new brake fluid in it and cleaned the front wheel sensors after packing the bearings with grease (yep, took the cover off that says not to! :D)

I think restore is intended to fill pits in the cylinder walls to give better compression.

I run Mobil 1 oil since about 72,000 miles and haven't turned back (Napa Gold/Wix filters) change every 5,000 miles, easy to remember :D

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to try seafoam, I just tried it after reading a couple of seafoam threads here, and it is amazing. I had troubles with my engine and did everything, but nothing really worked. I did seafoam, and was blown away! I was so satisfied that I did it in my 02 avalanche and 00 silverado, with, of course, fantastic results! I highly recommend it! check out this thread http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=6311 and this thread http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=3744