Anyone ever buy tires at 4 wheel parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be in the market soon for some new meats, and I've decided on Nitto Terra Grapplers. I'm looking around at prices, and Discount Tire will send me out the door with four new tires for just shy of $800. This includes tax, mounting, balancing, valve stems, prorated road hazard and free rotations for the life of the tires.

4 Wheel Parts, on the other hand, can get me four tires for $580 + tax, which works out to be about $620 all told. But, do they include the free rotations, valve stems, mounting, balancing, and all the other little perks that DT offers?

Just curious if the lower price really is the better deal.

StylerG

Reaction score
For my off-road jeep i tend to stay away from 4 wheel parts. Overall they tend to have a bad customer service reputation i will say i have not experienced this personally but dont want to be the one to.
On the other hand, i purchased my wifes tires and wheels from discount tire. I can't believe the service they have offered us. They arrived ahead of schedule which shocked me. About two weeks into owning the tires my wife curbed her jetta and cut a sidewall, we had a new tire almost immediately no charge to us and no messing around with trying to send a cut-up tire back to them-no questions asked. I paid the $12 for the new tire warranty and in about a year had to use it again, same story same results. Their service has been excellent for me.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol at bad customer service and they're a site sponsor :smilielol: PM me what tars you want and we can get something hooked up, it is nicer to have the warranty through discount since they have more locations but it's totally up to you dude. I've been working at the Denver store for over two years and have seen some pretty dumbass sh*t go down, but I guarantee the same bs has happened at countless other shops...sh*t happens and don't trust a salesman you think is a moron. I build a dozen trucks a week from 8" rize kits for F150s to long armed tri-link wranglers on 37s, pretty easy not to fvck up but then again you aren't dealing with people of the highest intellect at a 4wd shop.

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be in the market soon for some new meats, and I've decided on Nitto Terra Grapplers. I'm looking around at prices, and Discount Tire will send me out the door with four new tires for just shy of $800. This includes tax, mounting, balancing, valve stems, prorated road hazard and free rotations for the life of the tires.

4 Wheel Parts, on the other hand, can get me four tires for $580 + tax, which works out to be about $620 all told. But, do they include the free rotations, valve stems, mounting, balancing, and all the other little perks that DT offers?

Just curious if the lower price really is the better deal.

Discount Tire will beat anyones price, or at least the one that I went to did. I just got wheels and tires installed two weeks ago and I found them on Tire Rack cheaper than anywhere. Just get a printout of what it will cost you to have the tires shipped and then take it to Discount Tire. Long story short a 189 dollar tire costed me 160 and they do free rotations and all that for the life of the tires. The guys at Discount Tire were great. There must be a huge markup on tires because they will do some serious price slashing to get your business. Hope this helps.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of tires for my K5 a few years ago and after they shipped the wrong set 3 weeks past schedule the dude on the other side of the phone wanted me to pay for the return shipping on the wrong tires and the shipping for the new correct tires. The invoice was for the tires he wanted me to pay shipping for twice.. Mind you the 4WP store is 4 miles from my house and I offered to pick up from store when they came in, he insisted they be delivered to my door.. I ended up returning the tires at the store and they had the balls to want to charge me a 15% restocking fee.. I just about took the guy out the back and fed him his teeth... I got my $$ back after I wanted to rush the counter.....

Desert Rat gladly took my money and gave me exactly what I needed and even threw in a pair of KC hilites..........