Anyone have access to Galves or the auction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poncherello

Reaction score
I'm looking to see what the going trade in value is for my 05 LT Autoride with Nav, DVD Entertainment, Middle row buckets, flares, and tow package. I know they are taking a hit lately with the gas.......43,500 miles. Perfect condition.

poncherello

Reaction score
Why dont you just check the KBB?

www.kbb.com

Because almost no dealer uses KBB. In my area they all use Galves, which is based on the price during any given week that a similiar vehicle brings in at auction. Being that I'm looking at a BMW the dealer will run mine through the auction rather than sell it on his lot.

Challenger:Denali

Reaction score
Because almost no dealer uses KBB. In my area they all use Galves, which is based on the price during any given week that a similiar vehicle brings in at auction. Being that I'm looking at a BMW the dealer will run mine through the auction rather than sell it on his lot.

Where is your area and i can maybe check Manheim ?

poncherello

Reaction score
You mean get Manheims trade in value?
I have access to manheim!

NO, I'd like to get the NADA value of $26,000+. Can you check Manheim for recent sales of similiarly equipped Tahoes?

2005 LT, Autoride, Nav, second row buckets, wheel flares, tow package, rear seat entertainment.

Thanks

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4X4, LT with full leather, 43500 miles. 2nd row bucket seats, tow package, nav, rear seat entertainment, tow package, running boards, wheel flares, thrid row seat, and auto ride suspension.

This really isn't what you're looking for but here's what my dealer told me yesterday when I got my oil changed. He said generally they're running $2500-3k under KBB. They had 6 OBS Tahoes, 4 Burbs, and 1 XL and he said they're sending off all but two Tahoes to the auction this week because the value is dropping every day that they sit on the lot. He also told me that it's a joke for those of them that go to the auto auctions that the lines clear out when they bring out the Expeditions and GM SUV's.

Sucks for us that own them.

They were in the process of trying to trade a 2005 Z71 4x2, 46k miles, bergundy, and couldn't give them over $19300. The man trying to trade it's face turned about the color of his truck so. We're all in the same boat, I guess.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel for my sister- it was almost just like my hers, but hers is an LT with 38k, and she paid like $30k last May for it because it had so few miles on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if I've lost $50k the last couple in depreciation on both of my Tahoes. It sucks, but I guess its just part of driving one. Meanwhile my cousin is a Nissan salesman in Mississippi and he says 2003 and 2004 Pathfinders and Xterras are bringing over KBB. I'll never drive Japanese, though.

poncherello

Reaction score
Well it's official, I do look like an idiot. On the phone last night the BMW dealer said without seeing my Tahoe they could only give a low ball figure of $14,000 for trade. He said bring it in and we'll appraise it....it'll be much higher if it's iin as good shape as you say. So I bring it in this morning and he says, and I quote, "Are we ready to do a deal, I got you $10,300 for your truck". :eek2:

I got up and left without a word, he follows and asks what went wrong. I told him he insulted my intelligence and I can't believe the manager wanted to make $9000 taking my truck to the auction. A similiarly equipped truck went through Manheim last week for $19300. Needless to say, no deal.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a joke, good for you Ponch. You don't want a BMW anyway :D
Some good deals around on some highline rides, just snagged a 2005 E55 AMG still under warranty. 480hp 510tq, way fun..................

6 months ago this car was $60K, I would guess the same thing is happening to the GMCs. Dealers are going by Manheim prices and adjusting the residuals on leases when they are done. My friend had the MB dealer cut his by $12K. Scary economy right now.

DSC00706.jpg

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Values are very, very low. A few go through auction at decent prices, but not the majority, and it's rare you'll get anywhere near "what you expect" on trade.

In January, our '04 Suburban trade value ranged from $15-17k generally, according to the never correct online calculators (well, except for our '02 Avalanche back in '04 which we got the dead on Edmunds outstanding value for). From the GM dealer we always buy from, service at, etc., the best they could do was $11k. Earlier in November, looking at some crossovers, both in PA and NJ, we were offered $12k--thought it was a fluke then, but no.

I had a friend with access look up Manheim values, and these were pretty much dead on reality.

Knowing what was going to continue happening with truck & SUV values, we took it and never looked back. Miss it and sometimes can't believe how little such a big, useful, outstanding SUV was worth, but that's the market. SO glad to have the Malibu now, because even though the room isn't there, trying to trade it off now even 4 months later would be more of a nightmare.