anyone use a roof cargo box carrier on your SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heftylefty58

Reaction score
This summer, we plan to take the kids and the dog on our first long road trip. Because we won't be able to stack much of our crap on top of the dog, this means that pretty much half of our trunk cargo space will be unusable.

Therefore, I'm trying to look into roof-top cargo box carriers for my 2003 Yukon Denali. Based on what I've seen so far, I found various products made by Yakima and Thule, and their prices range from ~$350 to almost $1000.

I don't know much about these things, but if you have any experience with them on a Yukon or similar SUV, can you share your thoughts/recommendations/etc?

mccullionj

Reaction score
I would definately not go with that option. If it were me, due to gas and the huge amount of drag that creates, I would go with a hitch receiver mount cargo system.

Pgentile

Reaction score
I purchased a Thule box at Sears since thay had the best price that I could find. I love it and I also purchased a lift to raise it up on the ceiling of my garage. You wont be disappointed if you buy a Thule.