Anyone use these HID kits????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i found the problem. one of the small electrical connectors is broke. them wire pulled out the clip...

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am out trying to fix it.
It is the single female out of the ballast. I am trying to take plastic connector it apart now to solder it back together, since it allready fell of. And is no good

Last edited:

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think the wire never had connection. Have to get a new one

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contacted VVME. They want me to pay shipping back to them, and once they get the defective ballast they will send me another one.

Or I can just give them $25 and they will send me a new one.

No way in he!! I am paying shipping, or $25 to get a working ballast that I allready paid for.

Lesson learned....

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I should post the E-Mail. But it is very long going back and forth.

They told me to pay them $25, or pay to ship the broken one back to them.
I told them NO WAY would I pay more money just to get the kit I allready paid for to work.

They acctully told me in one E-Mail "this is the option, you need to make a decision" That did not go over well with me. I told them that I made my decsion when I bought there kit. Now THEY need to make a decision, to do right with there product. No luck.

Now since I am scr3wed, I might take it all apart along with cutting the wire connectors and solder them to try to make it work. I did not want to cut/solder/troubleshoot there poor quaility kit, but now I am not out anything.

The only good thing is the shipping was fast, got the kit 3 days:)

I do not mean to blast a company all over, but I only think it is fair that I share this expereince.
There are some people on here that use there kits without problems

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks balls!!

I'm glad I didn't have any issues like this with my VVME kits

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine today. Left work early just to put them on and make sure they worked and they did. I'm gonna get some new fog light housings since one of the original ones is cracked and the other is dull.

Sorry to hear about your experience M.M.....

They've been burning in for about 30 minutes now and working great.. Funny, I didn't have any polarity issues..:confused2: Oh well, I'm not gonna mess with them..

silvergoat

Reaction score
ordered mines today! lows and fogs lets see ... how long did u guys wait?>

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason Mine got here late compared to M.M. I ordered last friday nite so it took 4 working days technically..

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took 3 days for mine. Just got in from the garage. Waiting for it to get dark to adjust. Got them working, by cutting the small female and male connectors from the ballast to the bulb and soldering them together.

FYI, make sure you check the small female/male connectors that go from the ballast to the bulb. Check to see that the wire are in the plastic clips and tight. That was one of my problems. Not sure what would of happened if that wire fell out and made contact with metal somewhere.

Someone on an earlier post in this thread said something about buring them in? Are you supposed to let them run for so long?

Are you guys disabling the drl's????

Where did you mount them? I used self taping screw along with a zip tie threw a factory hole in the fan shroud where the upper and lower halves come toghter.

Now I have to get fogs. Not from VVME though:)

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took 3 days for mine. Just got in from the garage. Waiting for it to get dark to adjust. Got them working, by cutting the small female and male connectors from the ballast to the bulb and soldering them together.

FYI, make sure you check the small female/male connectors that go from the ballast to the bulb. Check to see that the wire are in the plastic clips and tight. That was one of my problems. Not sure what would of happened if that wire fell out and made contact with metal somewhere.

Someone on an earlier post in this thread said something about buring them in? Are you supposed to let them run for so long?

Are you guys disabling the drl's????

Where did you mount them? I used self taping screw along with a zip tie threw a factory hole in the fan shroud where the upper and lower halves come toghter.

Now I have to get fogs. Not from VVME though:)

I just decided to run them for a bit to make sure they worked. I didn't read anywhere about burning them in, just my idea..

I'll be getting new fog housings either tomorrow or monday and will take pics then..

I mounted them with double sided 3M tape.

Glad you got 'em going..

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere about diableing the drls. 03+ turn the headlight knob to "O" postion?

Not sure why.

Man do the fogs and high beam look like sh!t now:) compared to the HID's.

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is a question. Has anyone ever seen the kit that Summit Racing has, it is for regular headlights. It is like $16, and it allows you to run you low beams with your highs. Would this work with HID lows? So you get the kit and be able to run you low HID beams when you have you highs on?