Auto light sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my windshield tinted and my auto lights come on all the time - even during mid day maybe with a little over cast... haha

but anyway, point is, they come on when i really dont want them to, im not complaining by any means but i was considering installing some 4300K HID's and i really dont want them to turn on just so that i turn them right back off cause its 12:00 in the afternoon:ack: !

other than taking off the tint, is there any way to adjust the sensor so that its not as sensitive to darkness... aka my windshield being tinted...?

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm... well i still like the auto light sensor to do its job - i mean i payed for it so i wanna keep it... but i might look into it

i dunno i might just keep it the way it is...

thanks

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is doing its job, you just reduced the amount of light it is getting. Maybe you could mount it on the roof ;)

StL07Tahoe

Reaction score
Your dealer should be able to adjust the settings. I had the dealer adjust the settings on my wife's new Camry because the lights wouldn't turn on till it was almost pitch black.