Automatic Headlights - Neverending Story..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vista Cruiser 69

Reaction score
Default Automatic Headlights - Neverending Story..
Hi Guys,
I'm not the only one complaining about this gimmick as I noticed here, but depending on model and make there seem to be different solutions to disengage this nasty function. To me its not reliable and I like to decide by myself when I want full headlights, and Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited are expensive and not long lasting (although make a diference..)
I could not find a solution for my Sept 2001 Tahoe (European export version) in the files. Might be my fault being new to this community so please bear with me if I overlooked...
Now, I found someone telling me to press "Dome light Override" button 4 times in 6 seconds - doesn't work for mine.
I'm about to disconnect the cable between BCM and light sensor on top of the dash (even considered to install an LED to keep him bright but feels silly somehow..). Anyone around who made that cut- or who has an idea to switch this function off one and for all? Thanks a lot in advance Martin

And BTW, those handful of German Opel dealers who sold Tahoes are hard to spot and turn out clueless nimrods if you found one...