AutoRide / Air Suspension...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robvtwin

Reaction score
After a few years now, I have found, built and installed a fix for the check suspension ride light. I took pictures of each step and currently putting the steps together in a PDF. If you would like to replace your shocks and not have a glaring yellow light on your dash then this is the fix. There is no need to reprogram the computer or disconnecting anything. I replaced the autoride suspension with Bilstines and I am very satisfied. I use my 2001 Tahoe in snow, mud, rain, sand and boat ramps in four wheel drive. It has 181,000 miles and has treated me very very well. The ONLY difference I noticed my disconneting the autoride is when I tow the boat or load down the back. The Tahoe lowers a bit in the back. The self leveing is nice but the maintenance cost does not out weigh the benefit for me and I use my Tahoe for trips to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Santa Cruz and for where ever else it will take me and a full crew of adventuring folks. For the solution to trick the computer/suspension sensors contact me '[email protected]' an email.

warrlac

Reaction score
Rob -- I'd love to receive a copy of your fix. Thanks!

Warren L.

After a few years now, I have found, built and installed a fix for the check suspension ride light. I took pictures of each step and currently putting the steps together in a PDF. If you would like to replace your shocks and not have a glaring yellow light on your dash then this is the fix. There is no need to reprogram the computer or disconnecting anything. I replaced the autoride suspension with Bilstines and I am very satisfied. I use my 2001 Tahoe in snow, mud, rain, sand and boat ramps in four wheel drive. It has 181,000 miles and has treated me very very well. The ONLY difference I noticed my disconneting the autoride is when I tow the boat or load down the back. The Tahoe lowers a bit in the back. The self leveing is nice but the maintenance cost does not out weigh the benefit for me and I use my Tahoe for trips to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Santa Cruz and for where ever else it will take me and a full crew of adventuring folks. For the solution to trick the computer/suspension sensors contact me '[email protected]' an email.