Autoride Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the autoride suspension has to be shut off when towing or changing a tire like on the Lincolns?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing I've read or heard says to turn it off. I've pulled trailers and jet skis w/ it on.

How do you turn it off?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way i know to turn it off is to pull the fuse.

But remember the lincoln ones are incredibly different And serve a different purpose. Theirs control the ride, and more or less level, but in the lincolns the air ride is used to control the ride, soft, normal, or firm, are the selections, i know this from my dads 02 continental. It does level, but the system (you can just tell) more uses the air bags for the control. Its actully a really cool system, you can also control the steering feel and brake feel, whether you want it plush, normal or firm, really cool.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thats what I thought. I looked all over the manual and never seen anything about shuting the A/S off.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, do nothing. And actually the Autoride is specifically set up to handle towing because it will keep the rear from sagging as much with the leveler and also compensate all around for ride/handling with that extra weight drag out back.

Autoride trucks tend to be a touch more stable than those without when it comes to towing, which most take as a benefit.