Autoride Troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that my autoride doesnt buzz when I first start up my truck. Is there an easy fix for this or do I need to take it in? I havent noticed any ride difference yet though. I have 84000 miles on it right now. Thanks for the help!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor may have crapped out on ya, you can buy a viair or a similar compressor instead of dropping the money on an overpriced stock unit. I'm getting a bcm tune to eliminate my autoride, then you can run whatever shocks you like and you won't have to worry about the service ride control light being on constantly.

cmarshall

Reaction score
Boostaholic- my ride control sensor is on and no I've talked to has a clue. I have a 2002 'hoe and it rides fine. Any suggestions?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a shock, could be a compressor issue, could be any number of things but you'll need a scantool to find out. I think autozone checks and clears them for free, or find someone with a programmer.

Fudog

Reaction score
My problem is the opposite as my air pump does not want to shut off. I dont want to burn it out but I am not sure what to check.:eek:

tann808

Reaction score
My problem is the opposite as my air pump does not want to shut off. I dont want to burn it out but I am not sure what to check.:eek:

Sounds like you have a faulty shock. I'm thinking that the shock cannot hold air so the rear is lower than the sensor and it's constantly sending a signal to your compressor to fill it back up.

1) Either buy new shocks or
2) Buy some air helper bags, here's my write up on them
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=3115&highlight=air+helper+bag

jse1982

Reaction score
I have a problem with my autoride on my '08 Tahoe LTZ. The last 2 times I hooked up a trailer to haul a lawn mower I noticed the compressor would do its clicking thing but it seemed as though the clicking was not running as fast. At one point it seemed as though there was up to 2 seconds in between the clicks. I figured this is saying its weak. Tonight however the clicks ran for a few seconds and quit. The rear of the Tahoe never "climbed" up to where it used to.
Once I removed the trailer and load the clicking of the compressor ran for a bit but not the usual and the rear seems to be setting low.

Is it safe to say the compressor has crapped out on me? I need to get on this soon as this is our weekend boat hauler. We never had a problem with it in the past.

Thanks!

jse1982

Reaction score
sorry I just noticed I posted this in the 2000-2006 forum...