aux jack connection noise???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenrod49

Reaction score
I have an 08 LTZ and have installed a sirius stilletto unit. I have it powered through the car but the connection is via the aux jack. The problem is that I get a crackilng, whine, buzzing type noise, (its not all I'm just trying to give a general idea). Anyway, I tried different cables (cheap to good) with no help. I took it in to my dealer because I thought that the aux jack was bad. They said its fine and there is a tsb on it, #06-08-44-015a. It says I need a ground loop isolator and suggests one from radio shack. It comes with a y-adapter but I would then need another y adapter. I dont care about the $ but dont want all this crap everywhere. Does anyone know of a unit which has the 1/8 inch (3.5) connection on at least one end or hopefully both?
Thanks.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
???? If they know it is a problem, and they have a TSB on it..... Shouldnt they be fixing it? I imagine they can put an inline isolator on the line power, vs telling you to go to radio shack..

Hmmm....

Renny

Reaction score
I ended up selling my stilleto partially because of that noise. That and I almost wrapped my truck around several stationary objects trying to read the tiny screen while driving.

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ground loop occurs when there are multiple A/V componats hooked to a common ground. I have had a few different vehicles that have created ground loops on devices like my sat radio or laptop. When two or more devices are connected to a common ground through different paths, a ground loop occurs. To prevent ground loops, all signal grounds need to go to one common point and when two grounding points cannot be avoided, one side must isolate the signal and grounds from the other. You can TRY if you want using the same gound wire as your radio works to power your sat radio unit. 75% of the time, this will fix it. If not, Radio shack sells Model: 270-054 a $17.00 ground loop isolator. This will fix your problem... Except.... Most isolators come with RCAs, so you eather have to get converots for both cables, or cut them off and buy some 3.5mm jacks to solder on. The isolators about the size of a "D" battery and could be hidden somewhere behind your dash if needed.