Back Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a search and couldn't really find anything. I've got the lift gate model, a 2000, and the glass hatch, for some reason, is "popping out" on the passengers side. it leaks a little and looks kinda funky, so i was wonderin how to fix this cause the stealership said i had to buy a whole new glass assemly (800 Bones) not to mention their labor. He also said it's a common problem with heat and humidity in the south, where i'm from. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the pictures of what i'm talking about:

This one, look at how out of alignment it is... the right side is higher:

img0913qk3.jpg

This one's from the side view with door closed:

img0914xo6.jpg

And here's one with the door open, and you can see how it's separated

img0915bz3.jpg

Also, the button to open the glass does nothing... Any ideas?

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i've got the part number, "H15847109". Problem is, the stealership wants $855 for the part... Anyone know where i can get this??

NJ04HOE

Reaction score
Ok, i've got the part number, "H15847109". Problem is, the stealership wants $855 for the part... Anyone know where i can get this??

For that much I would look into getting a used escalade rear glass with the third brake light, in my opinion it looks better and I will hopefully be doing this mod soon.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think about a plain jane glass shop bein able to replace it??

MrsMicah

Reaction score
Yeah, ours is doing the same thing... I stepped on the bumper to check it out and I saw that it's busted on top of where the hinge is. It's not leaking yet, but I am going to call around to find a used one.

I hope the picture isn't too big! I don't know how to do this yet.

DSC02295.jpg

shreksbrother

Reaction score
Have you thought about trolling your local junkyards for the piece of glass? It won't be free, but it'll be a lot less than the dealer!

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about trolling your local junkyards for the piece of glass? It won't be free, but it'll be a lot less than the dealer!

I have... Problem is, if this is glued, how could i remove and then install it on mine?

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats crazy! reminder to the rest of us to leave a window cracked open.

PirateLowRider

Reaction score
This is old but thought I would chime in. GM updated the rear upper seal for the window and the strut supports for the window to exert less pressure on the hinges. Problem solved? I guess so. Except that all the glass repair shop don't know about the revised parts and so the windows will just keep breaking.

bowtie4by

Reaction score
Apologies re hijacking this thread. I can't find "Post a New thread." Just registered today. I'm looking for a Plastic/ABS "Window Liftgate" instead of glass. I don't want my glass to break anymore. Plz point me to appropriate url, or send me "Post new Thread." Thanks. bowtie4by.