Bad Speedometer/Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The speedo on my '04 hoe died. Now I know there is a real issue with the step motors on these clusters, but before I go ahead and replace it I thought I would ask a question.

Can it be anything else other than the step motor? My brother and law says its something to do with the transmission, but I seriously doubt it.

Cheers
AD

likearock

Reaction score
My trip last month I had mine stop at 55mph. Wouldn't go any higher. Plus it would stick coming down. I just bought the truck right before my trip. Thank god it was certified. It goes in Saturday to the steeler to get the cluster replaced. Of course its worked fine for the past 2 weeks........

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are all cluster interchangable between the '03-'06 yukon, denali, tahoe and silverado? Including the diesels? Ive seen some on ebays for a decent prices and I would like the tranny temp gauge so I was going to pick up a denali set or maybe the silverados (but its from a diesel model).

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All 03-06's can interchange....BUT....I think you have to exchange gas for gas and diesel for diesel.

I could be wrong on that last part..I am just going by (maybe bad) memory.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a diesel would work, Your just gunna freak out alot of people when your rpms shoot up to 6k RPM when the redline is 3k RPM on the duramax LOL.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that makes sense. SO I can get away with an escalade cluster then. The platium addition. Anyone got a part number on that?