Black Bear Performance Tuning Dallas Ft. Worth Feb 20-22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Justin will be tuning in the Dallas Ft. Worth area February 20-22. If you are interested in grabbing up a time slot, please check out this thread:

Dallas Tuning Meet

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or shoot me an email [email protected].

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Hey Jenna, any idea if and when you may be coming to the Chicagoland Illinois area?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No plans now, but if you get 10+ people together, Justin will make the trip!

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
K. The reason I ask is because starting spring I plan on doing a cam, lifter, pushrod rocker and a rar upgrade. And I know I'll be needing a tune.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I'm going to be looking at a 216-218 @.50 lift. Basically just a step up I believe. Enough to give it that cam rumble and still keep some fuel economy. I'm even going to be going with possibly a 3.08 rar. To help keep RPMs down at cruising speed.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is quite a bit bigger than stock! Nice! What is making you go 3.08s? What about a torque converter??

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
In thats case, I still need to do some research on cams. What I am trying to do is gain as much fuel economy with a mild cam setup and lowering th RAR. I have no plans on racing the truck, just being comfortable with a tad more power and that cam exhaust note.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would suggest something with a shorter duration than the cam you listed. Have you also thought about headers?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Yea, I've also thought about headers. Im waiting for some lt and a good CAI to come up for sale used, lol. No need for a hi flow cat, as the stock ones flow typically pretty good. I would however like to go with a thrush muffler to keep interior drone down.

What I would most be concerned about is if there is any big difference with having a flex fuel engine.

I mean I dont really need a cam, I more or less want one yanno. If there is a way to tune the stock PCM to use fuel more efficiently so this thing doesnt run so fat, then I'm all for it.

I know and I realize 20mpg or higher is really a pipe dream. I'm looking to gain more than high 16s in a mix of city and highway driving.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree, don't waste your money on aftermarket cats.

thaslick1

Reaction score
man I want a tune, come over further to the east coast............... PLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
He actually just had a meet in Nashville not too long ago. If you can get 10+ tunes together, he can make another trip. Just post up on a few forums to see what kind of interest you get.

thaslick1

Reaction score
I know...... I still kick my own a** everyday for missing it......... unfort I wasn't introduced to this world of "performance tuning" until like 2 weeks ago..... I'm gonna def try to get some people rounded up so we can drag ya'll back down here lol

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
What happens when all the slots are filled? Am I stuck having to wait til the next time around for an in-person tune?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately yes, however, you can grab up one of the slots that are currently open. If it appears as though there are a lot of people who weren't able to get into a slot, then we will open up another day.

Bigmike12

Reaction score
Slots

I want to come! When can I get in and what do I need to do?

BIG:cool2:

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hit that thread up at GMFS, PayPal $50 to justin@blackbearperformance and grab up a time slot!

Bigmike12

Reaction score
Time Slots

The funds have been sent for the deposit. Will that amount be deducted from the 250 charge?
I submitted a reply with my time slot filled for February 22 that Sunday at 10 am.

BIG:cool2: