Black Bear Performance Tuning Dec 12-15 Dallas,Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Date: Fri Dec 12, Sat, Dec 13 AND Sun, Dec 14.

Justin will be tuning in the Dallas area of Texas, if you are interested, deposits ($50) are now being accepted. Once 10 deposits are received, I will post up time slots for you to choose which works best for you. If 10 deposits are received by Oct 31st, the price of $200 a tune will stand rather than the new prices.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any chance this will ever be going down in the indianapolis area? or anywhere around Indiana for that matter?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you got 10+ people together, he would definitely make the trip up there. People from other forums are taking the initiative and putting all these together currently.

Other than that, I dont see him heading that way anytime soon, unless he travels up there with me for my work. (I head to Peru, IN a lot)

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Same goes for Florida, Justin only makes trips when there is a group of 10+ confirmed. He doesn't set them up.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jenna,

Before we get all 50 states chiming in here, would it be safe to say that Justin will make the trip to any area provided there are enough people interested? I'm assuming at least 10, maybe more for areas that are farther away? Or are you guys limited to areas that you regularly travel to on business?

I'm in the Denver metro area.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are correct, he will travel anywhere where there are 10+ confirmed tunes (deposits received). I believe that boostaholic was planning on trying to get something together for the Denver area. Might want to check with him and let him know you are interested.

steven johnson

Reaction score
Date: Fri Dec 12, Sat, Dec 13 AND Sun, Dec 14.

Justin will be tuning in the Dallas area of Texas, if you are interested, deposits ($50) are now being accepted. Once 10 deposits are received, I will post up time slots for you to choose which works best for you. If 10 deposits are received by Oct 31st, the price of $200 a tune will stand rather than the new prices.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I hear that justin will be in minnesota ? yes or no , any information will be helpful. thanks steve

if2218

Reaction score
Somewhat off-topic, but I had a quick question regarding the tune.
I am about a 6 hour drive away from Dallas and I would much rather receive a tune from you directly vs. mail ordering however, I live in western Texas where elevation is at about 4500 ft. above sea level.

Will a tune that is done in Dallas (obvious higher humidity, lower elevation, etc) still be as effective when I return home? If performance is decreased due to a change like this then what would you recommend?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Justin has done tunes for folks that are at higher elevations without problems. That being said, if you head back home and you aren't happy with the tune, we do free re-tunes so we would work with you until you were satisfied with it.

wck250

Reaction score
Thanks

Jennabear, thanks so much for what you and Justin do!! I'm new to the forum with a 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe LT, 5.3 V8 2wd. Everything is pretty much stock, except for converting from conventional oil to synthetic and new spark plugs and wires, seeing as the truck has 115,000 miles.

I live in Austin, Texas and I was going to get a deposit to Black Bear Performance soon, to have a slot for the Dallas visit in December. I am not going to be doing any towing with the truck as far as I can tell, and I was hoping for any other suggestions to enhance the driveability of the truck. I was thinking of intake, exhaust, throttle body, etc., but I just don't know what company (K&N, Volant, Airaid).

My main goal is better performance and fuel economy, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jennabear, thanks so much for what you and Justin do!! I'm new to the forum with a 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe LT, 5.3 V8 2wd. Everything is pretty much stock, except for converting from conventional oil to synthetic and new spark plugs and wires, seeing as the truck has 115,000 miles.

I live in Austin, Texas and I was going to get a deposit to Black Bear Performance soon, to have a slot for the Dallas visit in December. I am not going to be doing any towing with the truck as far as I can tell, and I was hoping for any other suggestions to enhance the driveability of the truck. I was thinking of intake, exhaust, throttle body, etc., but I just don't know what company (K&N, Volant, Airaid).

My main goal is better performance and fuel economy, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you get your deposit in? Which time slot would you like?

Intake and exhaust are good upgrades, I would stay far away from throttle body spacers. Do a search on them on this forum and you will see some good comments on them. Basically what it boils down to, these new engines have no gains from them like the older engines did. As far as intakes and exhaust, it is really personal preference. I love my AEM, and the K&N 77 series is almost identical.

You are well on your way for increased performance and economy with your current options. If you wanted to take it a step further, I would go with cam, headers, shift kit, and a vette servo. But that is only if you want to start tearing into your engine.

wck250

Reaction score
Jennabear,
I've been out of town, I had sent my $50 deposit to Justin at Black Bear Performance, but hadn't received confirmation he received it. I will check my account, but I wanted to set up a time to do the tune in Dallas, Texas in December. I appreciate your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

William Kent

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey jenna, i have been trying to get my deposit in before your Nov 1 dealine, i email justin with my work email to verify my employment. is it to late for the $200 price.:(

Mark

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my opinion on Justin's tune............... we just had our NOR CAL tune session this past weekend and all I can say is :thumbsup:

Definitely worth the money. I got 20 mpg on the way home from the tune session. I've never gotten that kinda mileage. It was truly amazing.